mini noob melt down, panic.

2»

Comments

• cooldad wrote:
    OK I give up. What the hell does yh mean.

Yeah
  • i no that this is a old topic, but i was looking and saw a bargain.

i no people have said dont get a 200mm travel bike cos the weight but,

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=66782
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So buy it. You've had plenty of opinions. It's your money and your decision.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    What Cooldad says.

However, have you even looked at a downhill track in the flesh before? Chances are, if you've never ridden that sort of thing before and don't really have any bike skills, you're going to brick yourself as soon as you get to one. They're a lot steeper/more tech than they look in videos and much harder to ride. Plus those videos are all from foreign countries with lifts. There aren't really that many places to ride them in the UK, especially not near bromley!

Get a trail bike and learn to ride on that riding XC like the rest of us. If you get good at it, downhill is just a natural progression, and modern trail bikes are capable of being ridden hard. Trust me, you don't want to be trying to pedal a downhill/freeride bike around.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • yh im still thinking the stumpjumper is the way to go, only really though of this cos it was £700 cheaper
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Stop thinking, buy a sodding bike and ride it.

Rant time - how much time does it really save you to leave the ea out of yeah? It's bloody annoying.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • am i being stupid or a noob or something, y does the comp have fox forks and the evo have rock shock, are fox not better?
    No. Fox are not better.