Great Western Sportive

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
I'm doing the Great Western Sportive Sunday week (provided the knee holds up :? ).

Did anyone do this last year? Some feedback on the route, organisation etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• Peddle Up!
    Anyone? :(
  • 3Pears
    3Pears Posts: 174
    Signed up on the day and what a fantastic day out :D

Think its fair to say we got lucky with the weather but thoroughly enjoyed the route, organisation was slick, signage excellent although some locals thought it was fun to remove a few arrows :( Only stopped at the middle feedstop and all seemed good although I don't rely on food stuffs myself !

At the finish you could view your ride stats on a screen and recieved a voucher for FREE (ok included in entry price) 'T' shirt, Muffin and drink 8) Thanks to the organiser and Team !!

Haven't done so many Sportives this year but great to see so many ladies riding :P

Last prep ride for me before I set off for Italy for the Maratona dles Dolomites in 2 weeks YAY :lol:
  • Peddle Up!
    Agreed, it was a brilliant day. The weather helped, of course, but the excellent route taking in some much of the varied "chalk and cheese" countryside was a pleasure to ride. Top-notch signage and organisation make it one for next year's diary.

Now if only I could ride faster... :)
  • Krys
    Krys Posts: 51
    Really enjoyed it too - organisation was great, weather was nice, and it had a really friendly feel :) See you at the Maratona! *gulp*.

Event blog: http://www.thecyclingmayor.com/great-western-sportive
  • Peddle Up!
    Krys wrote:
    Really enjoyed it too - organisation was great, weather was nice, and it had a really friendly feel :) See you at the Maratona! *gulp*.

Event blog: http://www.thecyclingmayor.com/great-western-sportive

Very nice write-up. Captures the feeling of the day perfectly.