cat n fiddle anyone this morning?

naz1
naz1 Posts: 28
hi peoples, set off at 6:30 this morning.. rain all the way... alderley-edge macclesfield and up towards cat n fiddle. things changed.

as i ascended it was all fog and rain. got to the tea room at 9:00 and sign said "open at 10:00". so ventured further to cat n fiddle pub, they open at 11:00.... so much for a glorious coffee... now on the way down...HAILSTONE :!:

looking through one eye as the hail was forcing the other shut and the wind blowing me all over the show. thank god i made it home. seal skins socks absolutely drenched...INSIDE was a full of water :?: as daft as it was it was EPIC :D

Comments

• HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    Should have asked Bhima to lend you a banana.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Did you see Bhima? Seriously. Every time I've been up there this year I've seen him.

If you didn't see Bhima then there are only two possibilities:

1. You made this up.
    2. You ARE Bhima.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Bhima was going so fast he couldn't be spotted.
  • naz1
    bhima, :?: .. on the way up i didnt spot anybody... there was one cyclist on the way down as i was cycling up. old chap, with a beard.

on my the way down there were 2 road cyclists at about 9:30ish.

one of them had blue white and red bike cyclist wear on. he was a happy chappy and smiled as i waved them on my way down. the other guy was a right miserable get. i wouldnt be surprised if anyone saw me at all. bit silly really and dangerous. sat here and playing with my little girl (5mths old) i don't think ill do it again. especially as the guy in the tea room just looked through the window and pointed to the sign "CLOSED"... :lol:
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    You don't know who thee Bhima is? omg rofl

p.s. He's some guy probably with autism who has been given some cult status
  • naz1
    aah.. i gets you. thought he was some hardcore bike guru..lol.. cheers :lol:
  • nweststeyn
    Nah he's just an ex poster on here who now does apparently nothing but climb the cat & fiddle.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Nah he's just an ex poster on here who now does apparently nothing but climb the cat & fiddle.
    And has a fanclub with a book of excuses readily used when he races and doesn't place well. :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    You have all cursed Bhima... see what happens, rain, hailstones, wind, one-eyed blindness and shut venues. The bearded miserable man was a hades reconnaisance spy. You now have to exorcise the curse. Don't know what recipes to use but suppose we comandeer cleats cauldron and use aggies basement with a big munter to stir the pot... this is real heavy man. Curse of the forum riders.
    Sorry, its late and I got work tomorrow which I am not looking forward to and earlier I had a scrap with a 17 month old toddler (after a leg breaking hilly bike ride which goosed me) who did'nt want a nappy change so I've gone off the rails a bit on some hope of distraction/abstract recovery technique, its not working. I need pills, lots of pills...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nweststeyn
    I've got Cod Liver Oil pills, will they do?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    naz1 wrote:

one of them had blue white and red bike cyclist wear on. he was a happy chappy and smiled as i waved them on my way down.

Bhima
    naz1 wrote:

the other guy was a right miserable get.

Willhub?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    NapoleonD wrote:
    naz1 wrote:

one of them had blue white and red bike cyclist wear on. he was a happy chappy and smiled as i waved them on my way down.

Bhima
    naz1 wrote:

the other guy was a right miserable get.

Willhub?

Hah! My thoughts exactly!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • naz1
    i went again this morning, parked my car at the bottom arighi bianchi. rode up to cat n fiddle and past, but this time i turned right where the thunderbox is (portable loo) and back towards bosley and the past the radio tower.

it's a good up hill toward's cat n fiddle then some really good downhill rides. gotta watch them cats eyes/roadmarkers and slugs :!: lethal they are going down hill. definitely do this ride again :)