Why I Ride My Bicycle

nweststeyn
nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
The burning in my legs, the beating of my heart and the cold air on my face helps me forget all the things I don't want to think about anymore.

Sorry... feeling a bit emotional.

Comments

• bartman100
    bartman100 Posts: 544
    +1

...and it's healthier than drinking
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    :cry::cry::cry:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    nweststeyn wrote:
    The burning in my legs, the beating of my heart and the cold air on my face helps me forget all the things I don't want to think about anymore.

enough about your sex life - now tell us why you like riding a bike
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Its got so emotional on here lately you start to feel that unless I have a full breakdown in front of everyone I'll become some sort of outcast. :D "Aah we're not good enough to share your knob falling off story with then....."

Cleat your cheer people up diary watsit has frankly been a f@cking washout. Got any more ideas?
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Sometimes to get to work and home again.
    Sometimes to clear my head.
    Always to help keep fit.
    Because my footballing days are done.
    I enjoy it.
    It allows me to eat cake and drink beer.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Sometimes to get to work and home again.
    Sometimes to clear my head.
    Always to help keep fit.
    Because my footballing days are done.
    I enjoy it.
    It allows me to eat cake and drink beer.

yeah but enough about your sex life - why do you ride a bike. :D
  • nweststeyn
    I rode my bicycle today for 136km and I feel much better after it. Except my neck is a bit sore. I had a nice cream of brocolli soup with a crusty roll and coffee at the mid ride lunch stop and that was a pretty awesome thing. Then we did some paceline practise for a while. It has been a GOOD DAY.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    It gives me reason to rub cream all around my jacksie
    It makes it ok to wear ridiculously tight clothing
    It gets me all sweaty, like a P.I.G
    It means you can keep going for hours and take yourself to places you've never been..

but enough about my sex life, I just love to ride my bike. :)
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Cos I'd look stupid, O.K. that's a given, walking down town in my cleated shoes and lycra. :wink:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    because i can't afford petrol
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Three words. Northern F**king Rail. Yes, I'm one of those "commuter types" and therefore shouldn't really be in here...:)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • nweststeyn
    I had a day off work today. I decided to ride my bike.

The day started with a 10 mile ride into Dundee to meet 2 friends, and we then did a 20 mile loop and had a cafe stop and a good blether. Then we rode back to Dundee and I said farewell to them and realised my legs felt good today. So... I carried on for 70 miles solo. Hours to myself to think and sort out my thoughts. Then my fiance finished work and joined me for the end of the ride - we did another 25 miles together and I was glad of the company.

Then I realised I'd been out for nearly 10 hours (including cafe & food stops) and had ridden 125 miles. A new max. distance for me, and the mad thing is, I just pretty much rode in loops around the local area and didn't even go anywhere far afield.

I feel better today.

http://runkeeper.com/user/nweststeyn/ac ... bile=false
  • Cleat Eastwood
    your girlfriend joined you eh?

Enough about your bike ride - what about your sex life. :D
  • nweststeyn
    I told you, we just finished 25 miles together. Now, I'm totally spent... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I just pretty much rode in loops around the local area and didn't even go anywhere far afield.

I feel better today.
    That's just about every one of my commuting variations you did in one go, respect - though I should point out that you were a bit soft missing out the climbs at Kilspindie and Rait ;-)
    Glad you're feeling better, I wouldn't say that cycling ever solved anyone's problems but the headspace is good and the exercise does help. All the best to you.