Circumnavigating the IOM?

dot1
dot1 Posts: 538
edited June 2012 in Routes
Me and a mate are thinking of riding around (as in, do a lap) of the Isle of Mann, but I'm having trouble trying to find a route that is off road. Does anyone know of a route or if its even possible? I've got a route but it is all road, ideally wanted to do the majority off road. Not after anything gnarly, just forest roads, singletrack etc. Looking to do it over a couple of days and staying in a tent. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Trek Remedy 7 2009
viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    http://www.manxe2e.org/categories/view/4

I realise the above doesn't answer your question exactly, but I saw this on TV and it looked fun.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Best person to ask is the encyclopedia on Manx knowledge that is CWNT, drop him a PM, I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing his wisdom.

I haven't a good idea of if you could circumnavigate completely offroad, but there is some good mountain biking.
    The plantations are good, chiefly South Barrule where there are a few trails which are very good.
    I personally enjoy the trail off the Sloc, just north of Port Erin

Prepare for wet and windy weather, as this is the Isle of Man. This especially applies in Summer!

I wouldn't do it in TT, MGP or Southern100 weeks as it can get quite busy with bikers.

Otherwise, enjoy the beautiful island :)