just thought id share this..

naz1
naz1 Posts: 28
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Hi peoples, could be posting in the wrong area :?

i went out for a ride in the rain on wednesday... came home and wiped the bike clean.

today just doing some checks and put the bike upside down and left it like 10mins whilst i was looking after my little girl (she's 5mths :D )...

came back to work on the bike there was a mini reservoir near the saddle area :shock: .. i was surprised that water was in the frame or god know;s :?:

not like i was drowning or anything :lol:

Comments

• andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I've not been out much in the wet on my new bike, but on my old Trek 1.1 I used to tip the bike up onto the back wheel after a wet ride as the frame had little holes at the back.

It was surprising just how much water used to come out. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    My BMC carbon / alloy bike holds water like a pot. Most of it gets in via the internal cable holes by the BB, but after a long ride in the wet I can pick it up and hear water sloshing about inside. I reckon that as BMC didn't make it watertight it can't matter that much if it gets wet inside so I shake out as much as I can and ignore the rest. It does beg the question about weight - buy a bike that weighs about the same as a bag of sugar then carry half a gallon of water round inside it on wet days. There's a logic there somewhere I'm sure. :?
  • naz1
    naz1 Posts: 28
    cheers people :D .. well its raining... but not stopping me.. im going on a ride. cat n fiddle buxton :D