It hurts in bed

hodge68
hodge68 Posts: 162
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Ive started getting pain on the inside of my right knee, when in bed. I have increased my training slightly and recently flipped my stem to a neg angle(looks good and feels good) but no other change since a bike fit at the start of the year. I'm thinking cleats( SPD), but they have been the same all year. :?: :?: :?:
Ridley Boreas
Spesh RockHopper pro
Boardman cx comp

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    I read the title and thought something totally different :oops: !
    It could actually be your cleats. I have knee problems a few years ago...couldn;t for the life of me figure why...tried
    everything, then my physio said check the cleats...they'd been (I thought) like that for about a year....checked and very slightly tweeked them and hey presto no more knee pain !
    Could also be your increased training...are you increasing intensity or duration ? you could have pulled a muscle, knotted tissue etc... lots of stretching and massarge will help.
    Could also be getting muscle imbalance with one side of the leg being stronger then the other.
    If it persists see a physio
  • hodge68
    It really is a mine field,i confess to not stretching or useing the foam roller as much as i should. My training is an increase in distance and then it has only been gradual. I think im looking at an excuse to change cleats from double sided SPD to KEO, that and hopeing for a quick fix. Bed is for sleep and not pain, well not knee pain.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    hodge68 wrote:
    Ive started getting pain on the inside of my right knee, when in bed. I have increased my training slightly and recently flipped my stem to a neg angle(looks good and feels good) but no other change since a bike fit at the start of the year. I'm thinking cleats( SPD), but they have been the same all year. :?: :?: :?:

So you have only started to get this problem since flipping your stem :?:

If thats the case, then flip the stem back again....problem solved :!:
  • hodge68
    I had not thought the stem had changed my leg/feet position, but maybe so. Cheers, had not even considered it the cause. Will lay off the bike for a few days and flip it back and see how it goes.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • Could be something to do with you are now in a more aggressive position on the bike and you are not use to it either is your body.
    flexibility could be the problem as you are more bent over and not use to it.
    tighter ligaments surrounding the knees and your pedal stroke may not be perfectly in line, it may be flaring at the top causing pain in your knee.
    Best thing to do is if you have a turbo, ride infront of a mirror and watch that your legs are inline

..... just a guess