Beginner on a Voodoo Hoodoo

Benrad
Benrad Posts: 11
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/1121739891 ... 2402878898

It's all standard atm except a pair of lovely Shimano SPDs that I'd been using on my old bike. Now time for you to have a laugh. I've been doing a few bridleways that my housemate who goes with me says are more technical than anything he's done around Dalby on his Kona Dawg Supreme. I was using a ~20kg Saracen Ikon. Oversprung with no damping, I took the shock apart and there definitely was no damping. I only came off a few times and honestly think it's probably helped me pick up some skills a bit quicker.

I've only taken it out on relatively gentle trails so far but I'll post my impressions as I'm sure others will be (as I was) interested in a beginners point of view on the bike. I paid £405 for it, absolute steal!!

First impressions - so so light!
-tyres have far more grip than I'm used to and roll faster too
-hydraulic brakes are lovely and necessary in Sheffield!
-Saddle isn't very comfy but maybe I need to get used to it, I did manage 14 miles on it today
-I don't like the way it's painted, I fear it won't last very long before chipping and stuff

Comments

• hiho9
    hiho9 Posts: 17
    edited June 2012
    I'm quite impressed with mine :)

mine has different fork decals on it to yours though :?
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Bargain! Enjoy it.
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Nice vike. Did it cme standard with Maxxis Ardent tyres? They're £40 each, and possibly one of the best uk trail centre tyres you can get IMO. Lose the reflectors though, unless you're commuting obviously.
  • hiho9
    hiho9 Posts: 17
    yes the tyres are standard :)