Chriswalker challenge

dirtmbuk
dirtmbuk Posts: 2
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all I have taken part in a sportive in the lake district for the last couple of years and it has been great fun. The event this year is on the 4th August,the event starts and finishes in Keswick. There is normally at least two routes a 43 mile and 85 mile. This ride has always attracted many different abilities from across the UK. I hope people come along and enjoy the great atmosphere and amazing scenery. The 43 mile event is £7 and the 85 is £10. Which I think is an amazing price for such a great event. Have fun and happy training.
http://www.chriswalkercyclechallenge.com

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The 85mile route states that it goes up 'The Struggle' from Ambleside, but on the route map, it clearly doesn't. Where does the mistake lie ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Crossers
    Crossers Posts: 23
    The route most definitely goes up the struggle and is probably one of the hardest as you would already have 60 miles of tough terrain in your legs.. The just to add a twist the final climb is materdale head..
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Crossers wrote:
    The route most definitely goes up the struggle and is probably one of the hardest as you would already have 60 miles of tough terrain in your legs.. The just to add a twist the final climb is materdale head..

Not according to the map it doesn't, hence my question. The struggle goes North East out of Ambleside up towards the A592; roughly between the two red dots I've put on the map below. You know you're on the Struggle, because you go past a sign saying so. If you don't go past that sign, you ain't going up 'The Struggle'.

450px-The_Struggle_Road_Sign_Bottom.jpg

As you can see, on the map below (taken from the site) the route goes south from Ambleside to Windermere, then up the A592. The A592 isn't 'The Struggle'.

NoStruggle.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Crossers
    Crossers Posts: 23
    There is a glitch on the map and this should be rectified very soon. Many thanks for pointing this out. All the correct details are contained in the event manual on the website. Thanks again.