One leg doing all the work?!?!?!

captain_kelly
captain_kelly Posts: 35
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
I've been back in to cycling for about a month now and have noticed something rather odd......

One of my legs appears to feel as if it is doing most of the work.

I can only assume this is down to years of playing football and being a one footed winger.

Has anyone got any tips on how I can try and level this out on the bike and try to build my left leg up to be similar to my right.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    One-legged drills on a turbo trainer? You could also try pedalling at higher cadences which tends to smooth your pedal stroke out.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    yes I've noticed this too and it seems to be the leg I dont unclip with. When i'm conscious of it i just try pushing harder with the other leg - its tough for me as I have 3 legs. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I have problems with one of my legs too, my middle one, it gets in the way and there's nothing worse than catching it in the chainset !!!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Is your middle name Ahab?
    Just ride your bike normally. Don't think about it, just pedal.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Have you had your legs checked to make sure they are the same length? My left leg is 3mm longer than my right so when things get difficult my left leg does more work. It also means my left thigh is now bigger then my right.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX