Some quality reads

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
While I've been incapacitated I've had the opportunity to do some reading. I'm not the fastest reader in the world but I've had plenty of time on my hands, the titles I've read are:

Put me back on my bike. Will Fotheringham 10/10
The rider. Tim Krabbe 7/10
A significant other.Matt Rendell 4/10
Tour de force. Daniel Coyle 9/10
The complete MAUS. Art Spiegelman 10/10

The first four are cycling related, the fifth is a comic style book about the holocaust and is a winner of the Pulitzer prize. Well worth a read, especially if that period of history is of interest to you.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Random man has loaned me "Fallen angel" this afto. Look forward to that. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Papillon - read all 550pages odd in 5 days when I was incapacipethhhhhfttttt, incpathitated, inka, f*ck it, sick.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    +1 to papillon. I have a spare copy if anyone is poorly
  • pinno
    Flann O'Brien - The third Policeman.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Reader's Wives 10/10
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

I just read that. I must be at least 30% bicycle by now.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pinno
    Rolf F wrote:

I just read that. I must be at least 30% bicycle by now.

You had better order a bicycle stand to carry around with you because if you stand still inadvertantly, you'll fall over. When the atomic theory really gets a hold of you, you will find yourself sleeping in the shed, hanging from a couple of hooks and pouring WD40 on your 'stir about' for breakfast. Be wary 'cos you just might find your bike in bed with your missus one day.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    You had better order a bicycle stand to carry around with you because if you stand still inadvertantly, you'll fall over. When the atomic theory really gets a hold of you, you will find yourself sleeping in the shed, hanging from a couple of hooks and pouring WD40 on your 'stir about' for breakfast. Be wary 'cos you just might find your bike in bed with your missus one day.

The least of my worries. What bothers me is that as the bike is carbon, what will happen to me if I go out in the rain?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pinno
    Rolf F wrote:
    The least of my worries. What bothers me is that as the bike is carbon, what will happen to me if I go out in the rain?

You had better eat some epoxy resin or you'll just be a pile of black mush.

You're fortunate though, (presumably) you haven't got a wooden leg and you're not as tricky as that bloke smoking in the ditch looking like a bunch of tinkers cooking the what they had.
  • jmcc500
    jmcc500 Posts: 33
    Just finished reading Gold by Chris Cleave. As a non-expert observer of cycling I thoroughly enjoyed the writing and the way the book captures the psychology and physical effort of track racing. Would recommend it as a bit of escapism both for cycling enthusiasts and 'normal' ;-) people.