Parking in Glasgow

decbres
decbres Posts: 3
edited June 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi there folks,
Been planning to go cycling from Glasgow to Inverness at the end of the month. Will be driving to Glasgow and picking up the path there and then cycling to Inverness. I'm just wondering if anyone has advice on where i might be able to park in Glasgow - it looks pretty bad for parking. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Even been looking into starting in Dumbarton, means missing out a good chunk of trip to Callander - am i missing much??
Thanks
Declan

Comments

• bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    where are you starting from? the centre of glasgow has lots of long stay secure parking. there is one next to the ibis hotel off sauciehall street.
  • decbres
    decbres Posts: 3
    Have no idea to be honest!! Was going to start as close to city centre as i could and head along out clydebank and onto cycle route 7. Somewhere close to train station so can pick up car easily..
    Haven't pisked somewhere to stay yet as that depends on figuring out where to park.
    Do you know how much these places charge on averagefor a week say??
    Thanks
    Declan
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    im not sure on prices. maybe worth starting at glasgow airport, go west and over the erskine bridge to dumbarton and head north from there.
  • Barbes
    Barbes Posts: 72
    Some of the NCP type places might do decent weekly rates if you want city centre. Try the Glasshouse on Glassford St about 10 mins walk from both main stations. Alternatively if you are booking a hotel for both start and end nights they might do you a deal. If you want safe on street (i.e., free) parking then head to a residential area like the West End where you can leave your car. Glasgow's suburban trains are excellent (and reasonably bike friendly) so you can easily get out to your car from Central / Queen St. on your return. From Partick station it's easy to pick up the cycle route. Personally I would forget about the city centre.