tour of Flanders

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
Thinking about doing this next year. Has anyone got any experience of it? is it best to enter online before? If so what's the website? All i can find are commercial sites offering package tours... I suppose the best way to get there is by car but if not could I use eurostar or other public transport? What's it like a an event - well organised?
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Also considering this. My mate did it a couple of years back, impression I get is that you need to organise accommodation / transport in advance, but entry for the event itself is pretty relaxed. I would probably drive if I did it, but Eurostar would be an option - Belgian trains are pretty good.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Yeah everyone says it's a good event. Just wanted to know more about the logistics of it... I can't find a specific website for it. Just wouldn't want to go all that way and then find that it was oversubscribed and I couldn't enter...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    It's all here. http://sport.be.msn.com/cyclingtour/ron ... /2012/eng/

They probably won't update for 2013 till late in the year. I can't remember when registration opens, probably nov/dec, but I don't think there's much rush.

It's a great event, but very laid back. 35 euro, no timing etc, reasonable feed stops.

If you want to do the full one (244k), logistics is an issue. Starts in Brugge, ends in Oudenaarde. Or there's a shorter one (138k) that starts and finishes in Oudenaarde, but then it's probably tough to get accommodation.

The short one includes all the interesting stuff. I was glad I did the long one in 2010, but the first 100k+ is fairly dull.
    exercise.png