Cuddles

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2012 in Pro race
He's only committing to do one more season.

Which is fair enough.

Imagine his palmares if his career had started 5 years later.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Hmm, that' a a good answer for next time some one pulls the who cares if they re doping line eh..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I actually wondered whether Evans would retire this year if he won the Tour again, glad he's going to do another season though.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    More importantly, what is Big George doing? I wonder if this will also be his last season? *sniff
  • inkyfingers
    More importantly, what is Big George doing? I wonder if this will also be his last season? *sniff

Will he set a new record this year if he completes the Tour? Seem to remember him equalling the record last year, not sure.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • TMR

Will he set a new record this year if he completes the Tour? Seem to remember him equalling the record last year, not sure.

This year will be his 17th TdF, and if he gets to Paris, his 16th completion. What's the record? I have a niggling feeling he'd have to ride next year and complete the Tour to set a new record. Could be wrong though obviously.
  • inkyfingers
    I'm not sure, I just seem to regular somebody talking last year about him equalling a record, either for number of tours ridden or number completed, really not sure but thought you might know being the Big George fanboi!
  • TMR
    I'm not sure, I just seem to regular somebody talking last year about him equalling a record, either for number of tours ridden or number completed, really not sure but thought you might know being the Big George fanboi!

He is tied for the most starts with Joop Zoetemelk at 16. Not sure about finishes. Will look :)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The record is Joop Zoetemelk - 16 starts, 16 finishes. Hincapie is 16 starts, 15 finishes
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TMR
    So my niggling feeling was right then, he takes the record for most starts this TdF, but he must complete the 2013 TdF to take the full record.
  • inkyfingers
    Thanks for the info chaps, sorry to derail the thread.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    You get the impression the Tour, both in preparation and participation really takes a lot of mental effort out of Evans.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    You get the impression the Tour, both in preparation and participation really takes a lot of mental effort out of Evans.
    Yeah, it's just a cruise for most isn't it :?: :!:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    bompington wrote:
    Yeah, it's just a cruise for most isn't it :?: :!:

I meant relatively :P.