Pro bikes you have riden?

Clements753
Clements753 Posts: 77
edited June 2012 in Pro race
Not some copy, but the actual bike.

Tony Doyles pursuit bike down St Albans high street, fantastic just the sense of what it had done and that I was sat on it.

Carbon disc wheel and all, marvelous.

Comments

• phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Danilo di Luca's De Rosa King while he was in anti-doping, Tour of Britain 2008.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • phil s wrote:
    Danilo di Luca's De Rosa King while he was in anti-doping, Tour of Britain 2008.

Chapeau, 8)

I imagine he wouldn't have been pleased if he'd have caught you, you know why he's nicknamed "The Killer" don't you?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    phil s wrote:

Chapeau, 8)

I imagine he wouldn't have been pleased if he'd have caught you, you know why he's nicknamed "The Killer" don't you?

i don't, is it his smile?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    In Spring 1996 I had a quick go around the block on Michel Dernies’ bike from the 1995 season. An acquaintance of mine acquired it through business contacts after Dernies retired at the end of the 1995 season.

Between 1992-95, Dernies was in the Motorola team which included the young LA, Sean Yates, Hampsten, Sciandri, Frankie Andreu and Phil Anderson.
    He’s now manager of the Continental team Wallonie Bruxelles-Crédit Agricole

The bike was too big for me (Dernies must be about 6 ft) but here he is on it during his Motorola years.

7349556404_f6871435af.jpg
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    A Malcolm Elliott Litespeed Ultimate from his time in the USA - think it was Chevrolet - still had the team bar tape.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    A women at work has one of Greg Henderson's old HTC Scott team bikes at home. Her husband commutes to work on it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Danilo Hondo's Team Telekom Pinarello Marvel (I own this one - it was his main spare bike)

Valverde's Pinarello CdE Dogma - was staying at the same hotel as the team during a stage of the 2009 Tour de Romandie and a mechanic let me ride it for a minute :-)

Etienne de Wilde's Diamante TSX from when he was with Histor (a mate bought it)
    Sean Kelly's Vitus 979 from Kas (another mate bought one)
    Eric Breukink's PDM Concorde low profile TT bike from 1990 (someone I know also bought it)
    www.dotcycling.com
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Not me, but I think I mentioned in the earlier thread that Bianchi toured one of Pantani's 1998 bikes round some dealers in the start towns of the Tour of Britain a few years ago...

I watched, in horror, as a 6ft mechanic at a Carlisle based bike shop rode it up and down the pavement singing circus music and veering crazily.

I think it was just a backup bike, however.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Here's the picture of me on Di Luca's bike, Petacchi's is the one behind.

76647_464267819326_470319_n.jpg
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    At 6'5" I'm going to struggle unless I can hijack Big Maggie's bike at some point.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Neil Buckley
    Neil Buckley Posts: 334
    Brad Wiggins Garmin Felt - now my best bike. Steve Cummings Dogma 60.1 very nice indeed and I own a set of Svein Tufts TT wheels
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Tim Duggans 2009 Garmin Felt bike in the mountains around Girona...

228783.jpg
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    If you feel suitably inclined, you can always buy an ex-pro bike, including one of Cav's Venges
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I wish I could ride a bike.
  • esafosfina
    esafosfina Posts: 131
    ADR Bottechia, Harry Quinn, ADR-Tulip Rossin, Tulip Computers Koga Miyata... then too many to name!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    esafosfina wrote:
    ADR Bottechia, Harry Quinn, ADR-Tulip Rossin, Tulip Computers Koga Miyata... then too many to name!

Colin - stop showing off! Pros riding pro bikes doesn't count - this thread is for us freds :wink:

Now thats 3 world champs and Robert Millar we've had on the forum in the past year
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ollieben
    ollieben Posts: 33
    Wiggo's Dogma - won it in a competition. best bike i have ever got my hands on
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    2010 - robbie hunter Felt F1 (garmin transitions) - which sits in my shed.

Thats now three Felt F1's already on this thread!!!! How common are they then!
  • esafosfina
    esafosfina Posts: 131
    LangerDan wrote:
    esafosfina wrote:

Colin - stop showing off! Pros riding pro bikes doesn't count - this thread is for us freds :wink:

Now thats 3 world champs and Robert Millar we've had on the forum in the past year

:D Cheers LDan! I have to admit I am so jealous of the bikes used in today's peloton... stunning! Now I'm retired can I play? I had a 'snappy' couple of km on Bernie Sulzberger's Raleigh recently... mmmmm, very tasty!