Can you buy Chinese Carbon roadbike with higher head tube ?

Raffles
Raffles Posts: 1,137
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Id be interested in one of those if I could find a manufacturer who makes them. I perused Alibaba and found lots of carbon road bikes with standard fare geometry where seatpost and headtube were level or headtube below seatpost which is obviously a more racing and aggressive riding position. I really love the look of the Specialized Roubaix as it has a big headtube which obviously raises those handlebars. Id be thrilled if a manufacturer of Chinese Carbon frames made one that was similar to the Roubaix. Anybody ever see one or can tell me where I should look ?
2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Hi Raffles -Have you looked on the internet :?:
  • Raffles
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Hi Raffles -Have you looked on the internet :?:

Yes I have, but every supplier was making bikes with race geometry as described in the OP. I didnt see any chinese carbon bikes which id say were close to Roubaix geometry, which Id love to find. I had emailed jenny@hongfu cycles, but unfortunately none of their frames were like the roubaix.
  • Raffles
    Is that a "NO" then ?

Ive looked around and I cant find any
  • klep
    klep Posts: 158
    Turn the stem.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    klep wrote:
    Turn the stem.

That won't shorten the top tube though.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    But it will decrease the reach to bars.
  • Raffles
    Im really surprised in this day and age that I cant find a chinese version of the roubaix :? , had another contact from hong fu with pics, but none of their frames have the roubaix / secteur / defy type higher placed head tube that would be just what Im looking for.

I contacted Evans to see if they sold specialized framesets and havent heard a thing back from them yet. Its frustrating thats its so awkward to pick up just a frameset, ive got all the rest of the components and I dont need to buy a complete bike.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    But it will decrease the reach to bars.

It will but bikes like the Roubaix aren't just about taller top tubes - they also have shorter top tubes and the combination of the two makes the position what it is.

If you want sportive oriented frames with short tts and long hts, then try Ribble (and probably Planet X). They aren't much more expensive than the Chinese frames, look better and come with useable guarantees. Ribble do both Carbon and alloy bikes with that sort of geometry.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    The FM028 from deng fu has a pretty tall head tube.

You could always run about 10 stem spacers, flip the stem over and tilt your handlebars back, thats what most people who buy these frames seem to do!