2nd hand frame build (Commencal meta 5.5)

maxspeed76
maxspeed76 Posts: 78
edited July 2012 in Your mountain bikes
I recently purchased this 07/08 Commencal meta frame for £150 as fancied a full susser but have not got the money to go out and by one brand new, I've built it it up using the parts of my exsisting bike, which is an on one summer season 456 here some pics of what it looks like so far:
DSC_0378.jpg
DSC_0379.jpg
DSC_0380.jpg
DSC_0381.jpg

Still have gear cables to fit, also need to fit new headset as the one that came with frame is knackered, also need to get new hub bearings in rear wheel. Let me know what you think so far!
Will post better pics once build is complete.

Comments

• Lovely looking bike. Always liked the way the Commencals look!
  • maxspeed76
    Hi just looking for some opinions off people, do you think just black tyres would look better? Also thinking of getting white grips and saddle what do you think?
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    tyre look fine but white bits don't stay white for long, saddles aren't too bad but grips look grubby and cheap after a few rides. I reckon a white bashguard would look nice and as for the grips go for black ones with white lockon collars. I spotted this saddle which i think would fit in quite nicely. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selle-Italia- ... 3f1a404958
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • That's well smart mate. Where did you get the frame so cheap from? EBay??
  • maxspeed76
    Thanks guys, brought the frame off someone on pinkbike and managed to knock them down to £150 had it checked by my local bike shop and they said apart from the scratches and scuffs that ive had a bargain, they said the shock is excellent condition and looks like it had just been serviced, so im well chuffed, Would like some fox forks eventually!. Thx for the heads up on the saddle pastey_boy think im gonna get one, and also think im gonna keep black grips and white lock rings. Will post more pics soon!!