Spesh FSR, A bit of Advice

robokn
robokn Posts: 26
edited June 2012 in MTB general
I am looking to sell my FSR, BUT I have not ridden it for about a year and have been out for a while and due to its build not sure on how much it is worth either as a full bike or broken down.

I have looked on OTHER sites BUT none are like this bike

Its a 09 FSR Elite with fox talas shocks front and rear, Chris king hubs, BB, and HS hubs black the rest green to match the frame, Mavic rims brand new, XTR shifters and rear shadow mech XT front mech, chain,chain set and cassette. Hope brakes (not sure which ones) Easton Mokey light bars with Hope stem, SDG saddle and carbon seat post.

I used to ride years ago and could never afford such a bike and when I left the RN I decided to invest but work, kids and hockey all got in the way so it needs to go as does my wifes Safire again quite a well built bike but got a rough price for that one.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    I'll give you 3 1/2 rupees for it
  • robokn
    Sorry even though your local
  • Twelly
    4 rupees and a pack of Haribo?

(by the way you aren't allowed to post 'whats it worth?' topics - forum rules)
  • robokn
    I just read that but I cannot find anything of this quality therefore I am lost as to what its worth, I am hoping for around £1500 I think that is a fair price for the sum of the parts which are generally brand new.
  • Twelly
    Bikes are rarely worth the sum of their parts.

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If you really don't know, eBay it and let the bidders tell you how much it's worth
  • snowrider
    snowrider Posts: 31
    I am selling my 2005 FSR at the moment, getting more for it by splitting and selling as parts. I think people are much more likely to buy individual parts for a good price rather than a whole bike as they are getting exactly what they want and they don't feel it is such a "gamble" buying something for 50 or 100 quid rather than thousands.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    As said, if your serious on selling just get it on ebay. You'll get a better price on there than on forums.
    Without sounding negative, think you'd be very lucky to get near 1500 for a 3 yr old bike, no matter how little use it has had.
    Have a look (watch) some similar ones on ebay to see what they go for if your not sure about selling first.
    Good luck.
  • robokn
    I have looked at this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-S ... 920wt_1413

Which went for £1150 2006 model with lesser parts so perhaps my price is not too far away, I appreciate about breaking it up but then there is the B ache of sending all the parts would rather just feel the bike as a whole
  • Twelly
    robokn wrote:
    I appreciate about breaking it up but then there is the B ache of sending all the parts would rather just feel the bike as a whole

You get what you give with as with most things.

With a bit of effort you will get more money, do nothing and you will get less. Tis how the world works I'm afraid.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    The one you lin kto though is an S works, which lthough older, usually command a higher price.

If you can't be ar5ed breaking, just get it listed then :)
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    FSR's don't go for much tbh. Break it or be prepared to take a huge wallet dent!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    TwellySmat wrote:
    robokn wrote:
    I appreciate about breaking it up but then there is the B ache of sending all the parts would rather just feel the bike as a whole

With a bit of effort you will get more money, do nothing and you will get less. Tis how the world works I'm afraid.

Well, that's not quite true in this day and age now is it.

An extreme example - you can sit on the dole, put a £1 of that which you never did anything for and win millions on the lottery.

In terms of breaking a bike up, doesn't always work out better due to bulky postage costs of individual parts, or you make the purchaser pay but then that can put people off as it doesn't feel like you're getting a bargain. Just got to remember to factor that in to your decision when doing so.
  • Twelly
    Briggo wrote:
    Well, that's not quite true in this day and age now is it.

An extreme example - you can sit on the dole, put a £1 of that which you never did anything for and win millions on the lottery.

That is a very good point. I have adjusted my comment.

TwellySmat wrote:

With a bit of effort you will get more money, do nothing and you will get less. Tis how the world should work I'm afraid.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    robokn wrote:
    I have looked at this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-S ... 920wt_1413

Which went for £1150 2006 model with lesser parts so perhaps my price is not too far away, I appreciate about breaking it up but then there is the B ache of sending all the parts would rather just feel the bike as a whole

thats overpriced IMO, but again, its what someone is prepared to buy for at the end of the day

my FSR frame was bought off eBay for £200. Ive had it repsprayed and rebuilt it myself and have fitted a way better shock, but if i came to sell it i wouldnt expect to get much more than what i paid.

doing a ruf calcuation, i would offer you £900 for it (thats not an offer BTW)
  • absv
    absv Posts: 149
    If you decide to split it drop me a PM as I'd be interested in the frame and shock depending on the frame size and how much you'd want for them.