Fitting Hope Pro 2 20mm converters...please help!!

Jamie G
Jamie G Posts: 166
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

I'm switching the 15mm axle kit for 20mm one for use with my Fox RC2's, but i've come up against a problem. When i install the 20mm adapters as shown on the Hope video, i end up with about a 10mm gap each side between them and the fork legs meaning it rattles from side to side. It also (from the vid) looks like you just remove existing axle, bearings and all and drop the new ones in place with a clip to hold it. So no bearings?

I'd appreciate any help as i may well be being a numpty, so feel free to tell me if the answer is obvious here :D

Cheers

Jamie

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    You need some bearings.

What vid are you looking at? Link.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Jamie G
    nicklouse wrote:
    You need some bearings.

What vid are you looking at? Link.

Thanks Nicklouse, did think that was weird. I'm guessing they shouldn't have come out with the adapters i removed then? Can i remove the existing ones from the 15mm adapters i have?

Link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC6EubvZgtw

Jamie
  • nicklouse
    In that the bearings are not removed. The reducers are just pulled out of them. The bearing ID is 20mm as are the ends which is why you have the C clips to hold them on the hub.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Jamie G
    Ok, well the bearings came out with mine. Is it worth trying to get them off the reducers or just get new ones? Are they easy to refit by the way?

Thanks again mate

Jamie
  • nicklouse
    Jamie G wrote:
    Ok, well the bearings came out with mine. Is it worth trying to get them off the reducers or just get new ones? Are they easy to refit by the way?

Thanks again mate

Jamie
    Just pull off. As easy as you got them out.
  • Jamie G
    Nice one. Thanks for your help

Jamie