Trading Places - Schlecks and Contador

Comments

• peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    Yeah, still 3 weeks out from the tour an transfer talks about one of the main contenders already.

I know it's not the teams or riders talking about it (obviously they can't), but if there is substance to the rumour then Andy's prospects for the tour are even worse than the speculation about his form would even suggest.
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279

So Riis wants the Schlecks(UCI pts and potential sponsors) so his team can survive another year and Bruyneel wants Contador so that his sponsors can win a Tour de France? Seems like a no brainer for Bruyneel.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Frenchie will be reaching for the smelling salts! Expensive vanity project for the Schleks if it turns out to be true
    M.Rushton
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

So Riis wants the Schlecks(UCI pts and potential sponsors) so his team can survive another year and Bruyneel wants Contador so that his sponsors can win a Tour de France? Seems like a no brainer for Bruyneel.

Oh so it's fine for the Schlecks to leave now?!?!?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cycling5280
    ddraver wrote:

I never said it wasn't. I just don't think it will be that easy given the contracts in place for either party to leave. That said, Riis is desperate and Bruyneel wants to win. It would be very interesting to see how many ProTour DS would be willing to give up Andy Schleck AND Frank for Contador. I'd say all of them except Riis.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    ddraver wrote:

I never said it wasn't. I just don't think it will be that easy given the contracts in place for either party to leave. That said, Riis is desperate and Bruyneel wants to win. It would be very interesting to see how many ProTour DS would be willing to give up Andy Schleck AND Frank for Contador. I'd say all of them except Riis.

If it suits both parties to rescind the contract then it is very simple indeed. I don't doubt there might be a bit of haggling over who is owed what but if neither party is bothered about performance of the contract a pack of Swan vestas will do the trick.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:

Except that you did! :lol:
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    I don't think anyone thinks they ll be working together next year...Contracts don't mean so much when both parties are looking to get out of them.

Both parties or just the Schlecks?

“We all have a contract till the end of 2014, so when this year's Tour is done, there's still the Tours of 2013 and 2014,” Bruyneel said in a video interview with Sporza.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12025 ... z1wvoBpmsS

I could think of something intelligent to say but this sums it up better...

B*ll*cks!

Now say something intelligent and please share your findings that both parties want out. I can't seem to find anything?

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh man I ve got to stop now, this is getting too easy!

Sorry everyone else, I ll be good now!
    - @ddraver
  • cycling5280
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Except that you did! :lol:
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    I don't think anyone thinks they ll be working together next year...Contracts don't mean so much when both parties are looking to get out of them.

Both parties or just the Schlecks?

“We all have a contract till the end of 2014, so when this year's Tour is done, there's still the Tours of 2013 and 2014,” Bruyneel said in a video interview with Sporza.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12025 ... z1wvoBpmsS

I could think of something intelligent to say but this sums it up better...

B*ll*cks!

Now say something intelligent and please share your findings that both parties want out. I can't seem to find anything?

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh man I ve got to stop now, this is getting too easy!

Sorry everyone else, I ll be good now!

Kind of creepy you care so much. Please re-read my comments again. The first has to do with Bruyneel in a video indicating he has no plans to exit the contract now and still looks forward to 2013 and 2014. My second comment simply has to do with the reasoning behind Riis and Bruyneel wanting either Contador or the Schlecks.
  • ddraver
    Rightbacktcha

As I say, I ve resigned...
    - @ddraver
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Bertie has signed for three years with Saxo Bank

http://www.teamsaxobank.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=3654
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Quick with the news there Neil.

Nice, nice.

Take it to them El Pistelero with your trusty gregarios and bring Tiralongo on board.
    Contador is the Greatest