cycling active magazine free socks

iclestu
iclestu Posts: 503
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
I want more of these! (or at least ones like em)

I have zero success with any 'trainer' socks. I have tried loads of em from cheap to expensive and had given up all possible hope of finding a pair that didnt end up lost in my shoe somewhere after just a few paces.

I gave these freebies a try without expecting anything different but low and behold... they work!

Now I want more of the same. Can anyone recommend any similar ones to save me buying up 3-4 copies of the same magazine!!!!
FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro

Comments

• shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Get yersel to Aldi sharpish, they still have some in my local store from the other week, decent & comfy economic socks, nominally cycle specific.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Get yersel to Aldi sharpish, they still have some in my local store from the other week, decent & comfy economic socks, nominally cycle specific.

I actually prefer the Lidl ones but all are good. I rarely wear any other socks outside of winter.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • iclestu
    Alas, these fall into the 'dissapear into my shoe' category (unless they have changed since last yr?)

• Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    should have spoke up sooner. I'm not going skip fishing for the ones I binned.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Don't know these particular ones, but any freebies I've had from Cycling Plus have been truly awful. You could almost feel the fungus growing between your toes the breathability was so poor.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Try Defeet Aireator. Just bought a couple of pairs from Wiggle and they are very good.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • iclestu
    iclestu wrote:

I have zero success with any 'trainer' socks. I have tried loads of em from cheap to expensive and had given up all possible hope of finding a pair that didnt end up lost in my shoe somewhere after just a few paces.

I gave these freebies a try without expecting anything different but low and behold... they work!

Now I want more of the same. Can anyone recommend any similar ones to save me buying up 3-4 copies of the same magazine!!!!

Stop press - all bets are off.

They work up until the first wash! :(

Back to rolling down longer socks. Nemind

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Bought some very comfy Pearl Izumi socks that are pretty short in the ankle. 3 for around £15 from Cycle Surgery.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    iclestu wrote:
    iclestu wrote:

Stop press - all bets are off.

They work up until the first wash! :(

Back to rolling down longer socks. Nemind

What? You are supposed to WASH your cycle socks?? Always wondered why no-one ever got close enough to scalp me.... :twisted:
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    +1 Pearl Izumi ones are good, and I grabbed some cheap 'Sock Guy' branded ones that finish an inch or two above the ankle that are good.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    The endura baa baa merino socks are good and not too long, dont get whiffy either which is good.

The best trainer socks (below the ankle) I've had were from Tesco. Still going strong after about 4 years. Bit grey now though from wearing them on the bike int rain.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I find the Endura short socks are pretty good and don't disappear into shoes. Wiggle or Chain Reaction, can't remember which, have in singles and 3-packs.