Help, can't stop losing weight!

2»

Comments

• matt1973
    matt1973 Posts: 2
    notsoblue wrote:
    Ok, first off, stop cycling. Also, ditch the running. Then take up a nice sedentary hobby like computer gaming. I recommend Battlefield 3 or Starcraft II. You can fund the purchase of your gaming rig by ebaying your bike, and the garmin (you won't be needing that anyway).

Plan a good 5-6 hour gaming sesh each day after you get home. Don't bother cooking, just order dominoes every night. Make sure you always have icecream in your freezer. These foods are both pretty convenient for eating while you're climbing the starcraft ladder or owning n00bs on BF3.

You'll be putting on weight in no time!
    made me proper laugh that one, more so as (unfortunately) that is a bit close to home before i woke up and started cycling again :)
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    sportfood.co.uk or call the number on the site or pop in if you're close by(powerhouse fitness on the A3 Ace roundabout, chessington) we're friendly and we'll price match. </shameless plug over>
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    I seem to have a similar issue, and just can't put weight on, and am often hungry! As others have said it just seems you're not eating enough.

I essentially have two breakfasts: cereal and toast before I ride in. then around 11am another bowl of cereal (Shredded Wheet and Sugar Puffs 8) ) Then Lunch (Soup, 2 cobs & Packet of crisps) Then 2 banannas before I leave, then a big meal when I get home. Still can't put weight on :lol:
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    I essentially have two breakfasts: cereal and toast before I ride in. then around 11am another bowl of cereal (Shredded Wheet and Sugar Puffs ) Then Lunch (Soup, 2 cobs & Packet of crisps) Then 2 banannas before I leave, then a big meal when I get home. Still can't put weight on

Its could be down to the fact you have a shite diet that contains barely any protein?
  • willy b
    styxd wrote:
    I essentially have two breakfasts: cereal and toast before I ride in. then around 11am another bowl of cereal (Shredded Wheet and Sugar Puffs ) Then Lunch (Soup, 2 cobs & Packet of crisps) Then 2 banannas before I leave, then a big meal when I get home. Still can't put weight on

Its could be down to the fact you have a shite diet that contains barely any protein?

Big meal is the protein. More often than not a chicken sort of meal.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    willy b wrote:
    styxd wrote:

Big meal is the protein. More often than not a chicken sort of meal.
    Still doesn't sound like much tbh for someone that's active
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • willy b
    Yeah fair comments. Maybe i'll try a higher protein intake, guess that will help with muscle recovery etc...
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    All of my meals contain a good portion of protein, less so for the main evening meal, but you need it, its important, and for an athlete, its more important that stuffing your face with sugary cereals.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    My weight is constant - I can eat lots, eat little, do loads of exercise, do no exercise and none of it has any effect. Even when I was doing loads of situps and pressups and occasional weights and getting toned and stronger, it made no difference to my weight at all. Very odd.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Rolf F wrote:
    My weight is constant - I can eat lots, eat little, do loads of exercise, do no exercise and none of it has any effect. Even when I was doing loads of situps and pressups and occasional weights and getting toned and stronger, it made no difference to my weight at all. Very odd.........
    +1
    My weight is pretty constant. Shape varies with exercise and diet quite noticeably though.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    My weight drops when i pick up riding after winter from around 68 kg to 65.5 and holds there. My weight doesnt change with the amount I eat but energy levels cirtainly do!.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • One of my all-time favourite computer games:

Worms.