wiggins.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Unsurprisingly big numbers.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Top cyclists in the Tour ride the longer mountain passes at around 5.9 to 6.1 W/kg, and that riders in the top 20 are a shade below that, in the range from 5.6 W/kg to 5.8 W/kg, depending on the length of the climb. For shorter climbs, 20 to 30 min, expect 6.4 to 6.5 W/kg from the best.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2011/07 ... -from.html

On a slightly separate angle, I like this point:

Speeds of 40km/h or faster could be maintained at a power output of only 150 W, with a greatly reduced need to even pedal, let alone pedal hard, thanks to the drafting effect!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Speeds of 40km/h or faster could be maintained at a power output of only 150 W, with a greatly reduced need to even pedal, let alone pedal hard, thanks to the drafting effect!

How close would you need to be to the rider in front to draft that well? When I go on club runs I'm at least a metre off the wheel in front. Just don't trust those fookers! :(
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Mine is pretty similar:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    bompington wrote:
    Mine is pretty similar:

:D
    They should link you up to the national grid!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

How close would you need to be to the rider in front to draft that well? When I go on club runs I'm at least a metre off the wheel in front. Just don't trust those fookers! :(

You ve seen the helicopter shots of the Peloton have nt you?

I got up to 45kph over a km or so drafting a scooter last night - great fun! :D Then she turned off :( . It's even better here when you get the ones with the blue number plates that are limited to 30-40kph or so (only on bike paths, no helmets), especially when there is a lovely blonde meid riding it! Stay behind them for miles!

Think I don't come out of it looking good though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver