STUPID Eurosport!!!

garrynolan
garrynolan Posts: 560
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Taped cycling earlier - got tennis. Taping it now to watch before bed - motor racing. WTF?? Is it too much to ask them to show the programmes they advertise at the time they are due??? Not good customer service!!
Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
exercise.png

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Totally agree.
    I missed it yesterday but thought, no problem, I can catch up in the morning.
    Bloody tennis on.
    I enjoy tennis but it is on enough.

Stick to the schedule!
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I hate Eurosport it's such a pain.

I managed to watch the first stage of the Dauphine, but the 2nd stage was just 18mins long and most of it was tennis. I've set it to record again this morning and it looks like they've changed it again.

Normaly I set it to record each stage twice so I have a better chance of recording it, but they are starting to take the piss.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It's been especially bad recently.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    If you're recording with Sky + then you can configure the time it starts recording before/after the scheduled program, if that's any help (will only work if the schedule is out my XX minutes, not completely disregarded though).

HTH.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    garrynolan wrote:
    Taped cycling earlier - got tennis. Taping it now to watch before bed - motor racing. WTF?? Is it too much to ask them to show the programmes they advertise at the time they are due??? Not good customer service!!

Its because they show so much live sport that everything ends up getting bumped along when stuff overruns... Its happened to me before too :( But its not Eurosport's fault really.

I just wish Sky+ would recognize when the actual program is starting which would solve the problem.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    When it's highlights set it to record all showings and record at least an hour after too - even if that means recording another couple of programmes - that way you pretty much guarantee getting it. WIth the live stuff then so long as you get half an hour after the planned finish you are normally OK - nothing worse than it coming down to the last 5k of a race and the recording finishes.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Went to watch the Dauphine last night motor cycling was on, thirty minutes late way-hey cycling to (supposedley be followed by mountainbike world cup). NO, cycling finished to be followed by Aussie rules football. :twisted: Excuse me EUROsport not ANTIPEDIANsport. What the chuff is the size of the target market with that tosh?

Do me a favour there is some serious p1ss taking going off there I reckon.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    jordan_217 wrote:
    If you're recording with Sky + then you can configure the time it starts recording before/after the scheduled program, if that's any help (will only work if the schedule is out my XX minutes, not completely disregarded though).

You can?

Is this only on certain boxes or HD only? I've never found this option...
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    It's British Eurosport yet they still insist on showing a couple of nobodys in the French Open instead of the cycling, where the favourite just happens to be British.
    British Eurosport delayed live WSBK to carry on covering the later stages of a tennis match involving yet again a couple of no hopers. Eurosport did offer an appology later when all hell kicked off on twitter and the bike press started to complain.
    They're not the only one, ITV4 delayed the Isle of Man TT coverage to carry on showing highlights of the tennis the other day.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Recorded stage 2 on Virgin. ALL TENNIS. Nobody watches tennis unless its Wimbledon do they? Do they?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Recorded stage 2 on Virgin. ALL TENNIS. Nobody watches tennis unless its Wimbledon do they? Do they?

I do.

when the GF isn't around.

Apparently F1, cycling, football, mad men, and a few hours of computer games is enough.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Singleton wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

You can?

Is this only on certain boxes or HD only? I've never found this option...

I have a HD box, but I'm sure if it's a Sky + box it should have the setting. I don't have access to a box at the mo but got this from a quick google search:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-pl ... rogrammes/
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    jordan_217 wrote:
    I don't have access to a box at the mo but got this from a quick google search:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-pl ... rogrammes/

• LeicesterLad

I do.

when the GF isn't around.

Apparently F1, cycling, football, mad men, and a few hours of computer games is enough.

You really have let yourself go Rick...
  • daviesee
    Its because they show so much live sport that everything ends up getting bumped along when stuff overruns... Its happened to me before too :( But its not Eurosport's fault really.
    This morning's example was a highlight show over-run by the early start of the build-up chat for the French Open.
    No live sport at all. No excuses. Entirely their fault.
  • LeicesterLad
    Oh look - there go the 7pm Dauphine highlights! Womens tennis again, what gets me is, the tennis match they were showing finished at 5 past, then instead of putting the cycling on, they started showing another tennis match. :evil:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    VHS or Betamax? Top loader, I assume . :)
  • LeicesterLad
    9pm highlights have now been put back to 9.45 - Jesus this is dire.
  • daviesee
    Great. The 21:00 show on British Eurosport 2 is replaced by the tennis.
    The equestrian on Eurosport has been replaced by the Dauphin - 50 minutes in. I managed to catch the podium. Yippee :evil:

I am getting well and truly peed off.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Eurosport calls itself the cycling channel. SO GIVE US THE BLOODY CYCLING.
    It should be live for a couple of hours each day. So we have to suffer tennis all bleeding day long and then they piss about moving a poxy 45 mins all round the schedule.W@NKERS
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • garrynolan
    garrynolan Posts: 560
    daviesee wrote:
    Great. The 21:00 show on British Eurosport 2 is replaced by the tennis.
    The equestrian on Eurosport has been replaced by the Dauphin - 50 minutes in. I managed to catch the podium. Yippee :evil:

I am getting well and truly peed off.

Same here - caught the last 1.5kms. Still not good enough...
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    You had to read the twitter feed to find out what time it was on.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • daviesee
    symo wrote:
    I don't use Twitter. I rely oh their schedule. How stupid of me :wink:

Managed to catch the 21:45 show due to this thread.

Any bets on today's timings?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Yes, but whilst you wait you can always dream of
    holidays in the Lebanon
    :?
  • My Sky+ seems to adjust itself to allow for the change in programme timing; not sure if that's because I had it on that option where it records all episodes of a particular programme or not but it certainly kept changing and updating yesterday.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    symo wrote:

What's the account called?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    JGSI wrote:
    Yes, but whilst you wait you can always dream of
    holidays in the Lebanon
    :?

those ads seem to say the lebanon has- girls, parties and girls. wow. sounds like worthy of a trip :roll:

Sounds like a boats and hoes adolescent dream
    http://youtu.be/o8T095mFdW8 :lol::lol:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I'm fed up with it too. Currently on Eurosport1 - Tennis, Eurosport HD - Tennis, Eurosport 3D - Tennis, Eurosport 2 - Tennis.

Are the taking the pi55?

I've also been a victim of finding that I've recorded tennis instead of the cycling as advertised.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    The cycling was on as advertised this afternoon!

Miracle?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Still no good if you recorded it though. Just as Evans sets off they decide to switch channels for the final few riders! I mean what's the point? Why can't the tennis switch channels once the time trials have finished? :x