No wonder this guy is selling his bike !

Raffles
Raffles Posts: 1,137
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/cannondale-cadd3/103751158

I was doing a united kingdom search on gumtree to see if anybody was selling a frameset for a 54cm Cannondale Synapse, great bikes and nice big head tube. I came across this monstrosity and wow, is that guy riding a bike thats too big for him or what !

Enlarge the pic and look at the stem/bars and the position of the saddle, I wonder why he parted with cash to buy that bike in the first place :? . Hope he gets it sold..........somebody might buy it for parts or something and a cannondale frame should realise a few quid.
2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Whats wrong with it :?:
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Apart from the stem needing flipping there's not a huge amount wrong with the rest apart from the asking price.

£300 even with wheels would be too much. £300 without wheels is taking the pi$$.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    Looks fine to me other than the high bars / flipped stem (which certainly wouldn't be solved by a smaller size..), and you could argue that if you do need high bars it makes more structural sense to flip the stem than to have loads of spacers, people just have a aesthetic problem with it because it's not "pro".

Saddle looks quite far back, which suggests if anything the frame could be too small, and/or he has weird leg proportions and/or doesn't know his ideal setup.

Raffles, could you be being misled by the horizontal top tube (not very common on modern bikes) which reduces the length of exposed seatpost?

Only thing I'll say is that for selling it, he would have done a lot better to have taken a photo with the stem flipped back.. :D
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I've seen much worse TBH
  • Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    neeb wrote:
    Looks fine to me other than the high bars / flipped stem (which certainly wouldn't be solved by a smaller size..), and you could argue that if you do need high bars it makes more structural sense to flip the stem than to have loads of spacers, people just have a aesthetic problem with it because it's not "pro".

Saddle looks quite far back, which suggests if anything the frame could be too small, and/or he has weird leg proportions and/or doesn't know his ideal setup.

Raffles, could you be being misled by the horizontal top tube (not very common on modern bikes) which reduces the length of exposed seatpost?

Only thing I'll say is that for selling it, he would have done a lot better to have taken a photo with the stem flipped back.. :D

Neeb, I thought exactly the same thing, the seller should have flipped that flem and moved the seat to a more central position to make it look more appealing to those browsing.
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • klep
    klep Posts: 158
    Raffles wrote:

Neeb, I thought exactly the same thing, the seller should have flipped that flem and moved the seat to a more central position to make it look more appealing to those browsing.[/quote]
    And maybe some less blurry worthless close-ups
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Raffles wrote:
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/cannondale-cadd3/103751158

I was doing a united kingdom search on gumtree to see if anybody was selling a frameset for a 54cm Cannondale Synapse, great bikes and nice big head tube. I came across this monstrosity and wow, is that guy riding a bike thats too big for him or what !

Enlarge the pic and look at the stem/bars and the position of the saddle, I wonder why he parted with cash to buy that bike in the first place :? . Hope he gets it sold..........somebody might buy it for parts or something and a cannondale frame should realise a few quid.

My bad neck meant I had a riser stem road bike as a compromise of skinny & fast vs tolerable discomfort.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Hes obviously gone for a relaxed position. I wouldnt flip THAT stem, just put the original back on.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story