Scratched carbon

Mickyg88
Mickyg88 Posts: 289
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
I stupidly left my bike locked to a lamp post while I had a coffee yesterday, whilst unlocking it I was distracted by someone, the top tube slid down the lamp post, scratching the top tube slightly, it seems to be superficial, rubbing off a bit of the clear top coat, is there anything I can do to cover it, someone suggested clear nail varnish but I don't think it would give a good finish, anyone had the same problem (if it is a problem)

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Don't worry, it's entirely superficial - the top-layer weave-finish is purely cosmetic. Clear nail varnish or apply some clear Helicopter tape to protect the surface from further scratches.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Mickyg88 wrote:
    whilst unlocking it I was distracted by a really hot bird walking past in a micro-skirt and skimpy top, the top tube slid down the lamp post, scratching the top tube slightly

There, fixed your post for you :lol::lol:
  • Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Thank Paul, wish it had been.... But just an old fella wanting to chat about the bike
  • houndlegs
    houndlegs Posts: 267
    Mickyg88 wrote:
    whilst unlocking it I was distracted by a really hot bird walking past in a micro-skirt and skimpy top, the top tube slid down the lamp post, scratching the top tube slightly

There, fixed your post for you :lol::lol:
    She may have been in a skimpy top a few weeks ago,she'd be in a parka and bloody waterproofs round here now :D