forks 2013

acac
acac Posts: 348
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
hi all can any one tell me when 2013 forks hit the shops as am building abike thinking of waiting until 2013 forks comes out any idea. ?
play hard ride hard

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Anytime from now for OE models until about January. I wouldn't wait, get some of the deals that are on now.
  • acac
    dont seem much discount on 2012 forks at moment and how come 2012 forks mostly post mount not is mount maybe if wait be longer i get more discount as still got to get few other bits for my bike build
    play hard ride hard
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Most forks are post mount, and it's unlikely to change in the future. Even though IS is more sensible.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic
    What sort of fork are you after? 2013 forks are going to be more expensive than ever.
  • acac
    i do like the look of these but bit out my price range think of around £200 to £250 but would like light as can for the money no more then 120mm

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=70297

2012 Marzocchi 44 RLO - 140mm - Black
    play hard ride hard
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I guess upon seeing your budget, that you won't be interested in 2013 Fox forks are in stock now
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    cooldad wrote:
    Most forks are post mount, and it's unlikely to change in the future. Even though IS is more sensible.

How are I.S mounts more sensible? post mounts are far easier for setup and give a much cleaner look
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    lawman wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

How are I.S mounts more sensible? post mounts are far easier for setup and give a much cleaner look
    Strip the mount, as many people seem to manage, and the lowers at least are written off.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic
    I prefer IS mounts for that reason - you do not screw straight into the soft magnesium.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    lawman wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Not only do the lowers have soft magnesium, on which is is all too easy to strip the threads, but IS forks are no more complicated to set up.
    You'll almost always have an adapter anyway, and the calliper is post mount, which gives you a sensible way of attatching the brakes to the fork, and the adjustability of poist mount.
  • lawman
    so what happens if you strip the thread on an I.S mount? surely you have exactly the same problem? Also, if you strip the threads, no matter how soft they are, you're abit of a tool anyway...
  • supersonic
    There are no threads on IS mounts!!!
  • lawman
    supersonic wrote:
    There are no threads on IS mounts!!!

Damn, been so long since I had IS forks I forgot that :lol: :oops:
  • acac
    i would raver have is mounts but you have less forks to choose from i like to have a look at the 2013 forks not seen any on the mian web sites
    play hard ride hard