Are inconsiderate cyclists stupid or suicidal?

Dave Cornwall
Dave Cornwall Posts: 56
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi All,

It's raining so no work for me today, so I'm just having a nice debate with some of my facebook "friends". The usual comment about inconsiderate cyclists taking up the whole of a narrow road etc.

It took three posts before "road tax" came up!

It seems we're all fair game because we ride the roads for free, don't get out of the way immediately and don't wave when our lord and master the car driver actually gives way to us. (Not that I've ever had a car driver not thank me for waiting, that never happens!).

Dave

Comments

• jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    If you are at a loose end then why not go and do some bike fettling instead of wasting time wading through this tired discussion for the nth time. It never goes anywhere, never gets resolved, only ends in raised blood pressure for all concerned.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Just don't think about it and bask in the glory of knowing you are keeping fit and producing all these positive dolphin things (endorphins?).
  • Yes you are probably both right, I should go out and get a life! Trouble is I have to stay here for another hour, even though I'm not working and it's boring.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Just sit and think about riding your bike. It will make you happy. Then ride your bike afterwards.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    edited June 2012
    Don't forget to tell your facebook friends that road tax is for (some) motorised vehicles.
    If they got rid of their vehicle for a less polluting one, they probably won't have to pay
    road tax. :idea:
  • centimani
    centimani Posts: 467
    Just do what i do, think 'fcuk em all bar one...and he can fcuk himself' Who gives a toss what they think, stupid blinkered .....best stop now, i'm getting carried away :lol:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Just point out that they don't pay road tax either.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Invest an hour getting some new facebook friends? Unfriend your current friends.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    De Sisti wrote:
    Don't forget to tell your facebook friends that road tax is for (some) motorised vehicles.
    If they got rid of their vehicle for a less polluting one, they probably won't have to pay

Or you could just tell them the truth, which is that road tax doesn't actually exist and hasn't since 1936. :wink:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    De Sisti wrote:

Or you could just tell them the truth, which is that road tax doesn't actually exist and hasn't since 1936. :wink:

1937 :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    MattC59 wrote:
    De Sisti wrote:

1937 :wink:

:oops: