Beast of the East

trevron73
trevron73 Posts: 23
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Finally after 15 years got my 2nd Cannondale Beast of the East, black and yellow ,Magura rim brakes. Question is do i go full retro original spec? or bring bang up to date with 2012 technology ,dropper posts ,10mm stems ect ?im lusting both ways to be honest she is gonna get some action as my wife will use my 2012 Dale when we go out together and ill use the beast ,otherwise ill use the 2012 on regular rides ?

Comments

• mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
    i'd go retro 8)
  • emseens
    emseens Posts: 146
    Retro.
    I had beast of the east with full xtr and xt cranks. The best bike I ever had, and I miss it.
    1234986433.jpg
  • trevron73
    i got her home and ive Christened her "missy" photo later needs some tlc but bugger me she is bloody light ,i forgot what a bike this was , even i got bike envy that someone has ridden her for the past 15years !
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Retro, definitely.
  • trevron73
    Just had my first back to back ride on the "Beast of the East "v 2012 trail 4,wow what a shock ,the years have been kind ,it weighs less ,climbs better ,jumps better and flexs a touch, 2012 flexs more and stops better so ill get a service on my brakes and change forks to bombers z1 if someone can help me .The wifes loving the sl4 as ive sold it to her ,so im looking for a new seat (crank bros iodine 11 black yellow) then the rims ive got coda hubs that are still very sweet but rims are original front and aftermarket rear ,genuine question here guys rim brakes cannot use disk specific rims?im not that savy in this department .
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    You are correct. If they are disk specific the you can't use rim brakes, as there is no mating surface on the wheelfor the brake pad.