OT: typing quickly and words ending in 'e'

jonny_trousers
jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
Please tell me I am not the only one afflicted by this really annoying habit of regularly hitting the space bar before the letter 'e' that was meant to end the preceding word (just did it then to type 'th epreceding'). Maybe I'm just special.

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I can't type words that end ng without doing g before the n - somethign. Bugs the life out of me.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,967
    No, I'm afraid that you ar eth eonly on.e
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
    Every time I start using a new computer with Word (a lot in my job as software implementation geek), first thing I do is make sure the auto-correct has "teh" => "the".
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • iclestu
    iclestu Posts: 503
    CiB wrote:
    I can't type words that end ng without doing g before the n - somethign. Bugs the life out of me.
    +1

I am similarly afflicted
    FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    I often hit the space bar before the last letter of each word rather than after. I don't think it matters what the last letter is.
    I didn't do it once whilst typing the above. But had to correct two other typos. I'm just a bit rubbish.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    HOlding the shift key down too long is my bane.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    not hitting the shift key is mine, I often have to go back and capitalise stuff.

I've also removed the caps lock key from all of my regular physical keyboards. I'm a quite quick typist but have to be looking at the keys to do it and there's nothing worse than glancing up to see I've done a long email or big chunk of a report in SHOUTY TYPE.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
    not hitting the shift key is mine, I often have to go back and capitalise stuff.

I've also removed the caps lock key from all of my regular physical keyboards. I'm a quite quick typist but have to be looking at the keys to do it and there's nothing worse than glancing up to see I've done a long email or big chunk of a report in SHOUTY TYPE.

You do know in Word (at least) you can correct the ALL CAPS thing easily? There's an auto-correction tool for that... select the text and use the Change Case button in the Fonts toolbox. (Aa is button logo... ) Use "Sentence Case" to set to normal type style.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657

You do know in Word (at least) you can correct the ALL CAPS thing easily? There's an auto-correction tool for that... select the text and use the Change Case button in the Fonts toolbox. (Aa is button logo... ) Use "Sentence Case" to set to normal type style.
    Where's the fun in that :lol:

I often hit Cps lock WHEN GOING FOR AN a. sO....

Of coruse it mksae ltilte dfifrecne waht you tpye as lnog as the frsit and lsat ltetres in a wrod are rhgit, yuor biarn wlil cpmoesntae!
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Every time I start using a new computer with Word (a lot in my job as software implementation geek), first thing I do is make sure the auto-correct has "teh" => "the".

I need to do that as I mistype that word a lot of teh time
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'm cured. Everythign is lookign fine from where I'm sittign.

<poitns and laughs at poeple who can't type properly...>