Check your mini-pumps

mcnultycop
mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
edited June 2012 in MTB general
I decided to do what has become my usual route tonight, from Futures Park the first half of Lee Quarry, then the link up to Cragg (which was full of cows and nervous new calves) and did the first half of Cragg. Then due entirely to a lack of concentration/skill on my part I leathered the back wheel, I jumped off as it felt bad and then all of a sudden "hissssss" and the back tube was completely flat. I pulled off the trail and whipped it off, only to discover my mini-pump had died, I got the tiniest bit of air in but nothing more after about 5 minutes.

I was at the furthest point away from the car, so started to walk, I then put all my tubes I had in un-inflated to try and make some kind of solid tyre, but it didn't work, so headed back to Lee on foot. I had basically ridden the majority of the uphill bits, so had to push all the fun elements. It was getting dark by this point, so I went for my phone which I'd forgotten to pack. I knew my girlfriend would be getting worried by this point, but there was not a lot I could do, so I jogged as much as I was able to as the sun was heading down. There was no-one else about to borrow a pump off as they'd all sensibly gone home.

Things I've learned today:

1. Check your mini-pump
2. Remember to pack your phone
3. Take a little torch if there is a chance it getting late

Comments