Sealskinz question

jeannot18
jeannot18 Posts: 720
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Where do you get yours from (meaning cheapest deal incl. P&P), and which model do you buy exactly as it seems to be a few different models.
JC
Pédale ou crève
Specialized Elite Allez with 105
Rockrider 8.1 : )

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I presume you are talking socks. I got mine (the mid-height ones) from Wiggle for around £16, but about 8 months or so ago. They are great and really do the trick.
  • jeannot18
    mcnultycop wrote:
    I presume you are talking socks. I got mine (the mid-height ones) from Wiggle for around £16, but about 8 months or so ago. They are great and really do the trick.
    Yes sorry, forgot to mention socks. But you get Thin Mid Length Socks or Mid Weight Mid Length Socks or the thick ones too. Which ones do you have?
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Thermals from wherever is selling them cheapest at the time.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jeannot18
    cooldad wrote:
    Thermals from wherever is selling them cheapest at the time.
    Hey cooldad, are the thermals waterproof too?
    I have found those ones and they seem to be the cheapest, and they are knee high which comes handy when it is colder. Are they the correct models regarding the waterproof thingy?

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.SealSkinz-Mid-W ... _48546.htm

J
    Pédale ou crève
  • cooldad
    They're all waterproof.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    These are the ones I use but unless you live next to the two shops that have them, you won't get them at this price
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/sealskinz-m ... ck-p130667
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • jeannot18
    cooldad wrote:
    These are the ones I use but unless you live next to the two shops that have them, you won't get them at this price
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/sealskinz-m ... ck-p130667
    Thank you, and yes I have a GoOutdoor just down the road but unfortunately they don't have them in stock (will be keeping an eye as at that price is a good bargain)
    I may get the knee length one pair instead so that I can use them for the colder days too. Thanks Cooldad
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I got mid-weight ones I think. They do the trick.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yarp longer is good, problem i have with mine is water sloshing over the top on wet days and then sitting like a pool in my sock :( it makes me unhappy
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Yarp longer is good, problem i have with mine is water sloshing over the top on wet days and then sitting like a pool in my sock :( it makes me unhappy
    Which is why you should use them with some waterproof kecks, or leggings.
    Otherwise it's like wearing a goretex jacket, and open toe sandals, and complaining that your feet get wet.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Wear with leggings over them, but water still gets in, smash through enough rivers n all. we live in wales after all proper rain here as you know
  • cooldad
    Sometimes get a bit of water in them if conditions are really bad, but anything else would be equally soggy. The good thing about the thermal ones is that the water warms up anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Wear with leggings over them, but water still gets in, smash through enough rivers n all. we live in wales after all proper rain here as you know
    Never had a drop of water in mine with Endura waterproof leggings.