Green.. ummm Green? Green.. Green whatever!

tremayne
tremayne Posts: 378
edited June 2012 in Pro race
Has the great Wiggo got a beef with GreenEdge or is he really asking us to believe he has difficulty remembering the name of this pro-cycling team.?

(eurosport interview)

Admittedly, it's a bit of a shit name and yes, they took some Sky boys - but Green Ummm.... really!

Is there 'history' ?

Made me chuckle!!

Comments

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I did wonder, and for a moment thought our Wiggo was going to come out with an expletive! He's such an 'I refuse to be a famous person' type famous person!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    As we've seen in the past (such as the Romandie presser), Bradley doesn't really do the straight and bland routine with the media. It's all a little bit left field. It's best not to take much of what he says at face value.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    He Tweeted as much earlier, I'm glad he has recognised the need to play the game a bit smarter. I'd hate to see the media turn against him.

@bradwiggins: Need to get my press conference head on start playing the game, remember key messaging and avoid taking the bait #robotmode”
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oh come on, its not like us and the aussies have any rivalry is it....

What's cycling for "did nt you get an OBE for 16 mate?"
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Seemed to me he was gonna say GreenEDGE, remembered they were now called something else but couldn't remember the name, hence the stumbling to buy time to think (and still not remember) ...

For example it took me 5 secs to remeber Skil are now called Argos ... and I'm not on live telly ...

We should stop pretending Wiggins is some kind of comedic intellectual playing with the world's press ... Just remember, if you have a bored audience even Chris Tarrant and Noel Edmonds can be entertaining ...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    I thought it was a good interview.... better than most
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm