Have you done better?

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited June 2012 in MTB general
Hi just was wondering what stats ppl have on the puncture to mile
I've done 912 miles and had 3 punctures and one crash
I'm sure there is some ppl out there with some good stats
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    1 crash in 913 miles? i have 1 crash per ride usually :lol:
  • sigorman85
    Jedi skills mate but not this time to many beers the night b4
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    No punctures in approx 12mths of running tubeless :wink:
    have gone over the bars more times in this past year than all previous years put together :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    If you're not crashing you're not trying hard enough :wink:

Punctures, in the last year half a dozen, maybe more, but I run my pressures very low and have ridden in a couple of places that have sliced my tyres to bits, infact both tyres on the xc bike are currently held together with duct tape :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No punctures for a couple of years. I don't count miles.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    2044 miles puncture free on my commuter bike and I've only had a handful of punctures on my mountain bike.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Done okay for punctures this year. 1,413 miles since new year and only 4 punctures. Unfortunately they happened in one ride, ran out of inner tubes.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Haven't had any since I started using a hutchinson anti puncture reinforced tube on the rear (never get them on the front).......apart from today where really bad judgement cost me a ludicrous pinch flat of spactacular proportions.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    One puncture today at Cragg Quarry, and my mini pump died so a massive walk back to the car park.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Everyone above is now jinxed for their next ride! :lol: I've ridden about 900 miles the last year, and I rotate 3 inner tubes (2 in, 1 spare). Each tube has about 5 patches in it :cry: but at least i've had a lot of good practise changing them! I haven't crashed and injured myself but I regularly fall off, I always looked at it as part of the sport. My last off was due to the bolt holding my rear mech cable loosening and the cable slipping through it. I had to hang my bike from a tree and reindex the gears. Dead chuffed I could do it after using the how-to on parktools a few days before. :D
  • sigorman85
    Mcnultycop ha yes I see your post must say massive fail there lol. I have thought about the tubeless route but have herd to many horror stories ie burping to much hassle setting up and at the end of the year won't ya bike have every thin imaginable hang out the tyres ? As it will just stick in as the sealant will fix the puncture?

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Well over 5000 miles since last puncture. About 1000 since last crash.
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    last ride 35 miles, 4 punctures...

ah, you didn't mean that sort of record :wink:
  • specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    Lost count on punctures, 5 in 2 laps of cragg quarry. Various offs but nothing too bad.
  • sigorman85
    Some ppl are unlucky by looks of things lol 5 in 2 laps lol

• paulmgreen
    paulmgreen Posts: 158
    Around 1600 miles on mtb. Around 6 punctures. Lots of minor falls and step offs two proper crashes
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I managed to go 2 years without getting a puncture in Austria, which i'd consider decent seeing as how thorny our area was.