grooveshark

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
So having upgraded my phone I'm getting into this music online on my mobile thing. Someone recommended groove shark the other day so I've signed up... so far so good however I haven't got unlimited data so don't really want to use it when I'm not in range of wifi however I've noticed that you can offline music... Am I right in thinking that this makes songs available without constantly having to download/stream the music?
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• Headhuunter
    I'm starting to get paranoid.this is the 2nd thread I've started which has plummeted without trace... Someone MUST have SOMETHING to say!
  • Headhuunter
    I'm starting to get paranoid.this is the 2nd thread I've started which has plummeted without trace... Someone MUST have SOMETHING to say!
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    *cough* spotify *cough*
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    I dont know specifically what service you're talking about, but in my mind, music doesnt just appear out of the ether. You either have to download/stream or play it from a storage device.
    When I'm at work or home my phone is constantly downloading via wifi, but its never allowed to download via mobile network. Even though i have a 5gb limit a month, I'm too paranoid to let my phone do anymore than Strava and general web browsing.
  • Headhuunter
    Well it seems to download the tracks and then play them whilst you're out and about.yesterday it played offline tracks whilst I was on the tube completely out of phone and web reception so it can't be streaming the music
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    If in doubt, keep your mobile data turned off and your wifi on.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    Well it seems to download the tracks and then play them whilst you're out and about.yesterday it played offline tracks whilst I was on the tube completely out of phone and web reception so it can't be streaming the music

so like downloading a podcast, but who is choosing the music you have to listen to?