Replacing rubbish ODI bolts

markyhud
markyhud Posts: 98
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
After several recommendations bought some ODI rogue lock ons. Not fitted them yet coz the bolts look useless and scared of rounding them off either fitting or possibly removing them in the future. Think they are M3.5 bolts. Seen some on Ti bolts but they are out of stock. Anyone got any recommendations? What about standard slot head bolt?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Millions of people would say you are wrong. Just use them.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    cooldad is right (OMG did I really just say that :lol:) you don't need to tighten the knackers off the bolts. Just use them
  • markyhud
    What size Allen key fits them? Haven't got one to fit the bolts now!! :cry:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Use anti seize. Use the one that comes with them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    IIRC mine came with an Allen key,if yours haven't then it's 2.5mm.The bolts themselves are perfectly good and will crush your bar if you over tighten(not me a mate :wink: ) They only need nipping up.
  • markyhud
    Thanks all!! Just checked through the box and deffo didn't come with an allen key.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    markyhud wrote:
    Thanks all!! Just checked through the box and deffo didn't come with an allen key.

buy one then!
    Most multitools have the correct sized one.
  • markyhud
    Bought one and after all that.........fitted with no probs. :oops: They just looked very flimsy and prone to rounding. Lovely grips though!!!! Dead comfortable :wink: