Anyone had problems with TF pushed shock?

richg1979
richg1979 Posts: 1,087
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Ok, reading about all the great things when getting a rp23 pushed by TF for a yeti 575, reduced bob, firmer midstroke ect ect so went ahead and got mine pushed.
Got a phone call asking about weight, riding style and what I wanted out of the shock, great service, knew what he was talking about.
Got the shock back 2 days later with recommended pressure ect for my weight and now the shock is quite bouncy at the 1st 30% of the stroke with a fair bit of bob when open and with propedal on bobs up and down like a yoyo.
After messing about with the shock when I get home it seams there is a gap in the rebounding damping at the start of stroke, so the shock is sent back and a fault is found with a ipf seal I think its called so they put it on the dyno and is returned to me.
Re fitted the shock and went for a ride on Saturday. Now there is still bob but feels diffrent and with propedal on still bobs but if you hit a small bump with propedal you get a bang from the shock where it hits the start of compression damping. So now there is a gap in the 1st 30% of compression damping.

Has anyone had anything like this before with a pushed shock?.
I'm thinking of ditching the fox shock alltogether and getting a monarch as I have never had anything made by fox to be anygood.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    You kept the propedal?

when pushed I bought it was taken out?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    Yep I kept it and they made it firmer as it made no difference before.