trails in Bromley,

super kiteflyer
super kiteflyer Posts: 32
edited June 2012 in Routes
hello

just started to ride again after being stopping for 6 years, does any one no of any trails in the Bromley area?

any information will be of help

thanks steven

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,554
    There's not a lot in Bromley itself but if you head out South past Hayes and West Wickham there are quite a few Bridleways and woodland paths but they're not too challenging and you need to link them together with a fair bit of road. Beckenham Place Park is OK for a quick blat around and pretty close. Bigfoot Bikes in Hayes do night rides on Tues and Thurs - might be worth going on one to see where they go.

TBH I usually head out of town to somewhere like Bedgebury unless time is short.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I just need somthing to get me started, I live in Petts wood really, so I was going to try the wood on the way to chislehurst (don't no what they are called)
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    What about Crayford Heath?

There is also Shorne Country Park (nr Gravesend)?
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    You're less than half an hour to this - http://www.cyclopark.com/
    I went down last weekend (there was a fair few kids but it was a holiday) and it wasn't bad. Not massive but pretty good for someone in South East London. There's a blue/red and black route, which sort of loop off from each other, the black sections are quite tricky, should be a start anyway.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,554
    edited June 2012
    I just need somthing to get me started, I live in Petts wood really, so I was going to try the wood on the way to chislehurst (don't no what they are called)
    Not sure about those Chislehurst woods, but if you're just looking for a starter then most decent sized patches of woodland in the area have paths and bridleways, so I'd just go and see what they're like closest to you.

The only other one I can think of is the strip of woodland called Spring Park Wood in West Wickham - you can pretty much get to Croydon off road by heading east from there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • i think there is something close to me, a few weeks ago i saw 2 guys sitting down pets wood hi street, and they were on decent bikes (or look ok, was only passing glance), don't no were they were riding.

im picking my shinny new bike tomz and going for a ride in chislehurst woods ill report back on what i find