Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    kfinlay wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    kfinlay wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    You want to put layers of wax on !?!?!?

Dear god, are you stupid, that will just make your bike heavier !

Really hope this is a joke! :roll:

Unbelievable :roll:

You've lost me completely? Surely you are not serious - although I can be pretty slow at times so I'm probably missing something here??!!?? However, I don't think you have any idea of how or why waxes are used to protect paintwork and I'm not about to enter a discussion on the matter - there's plenty reliable info out there. Just stick to using Mer that you are happy with but try not to insult others who have a different opinion.

I refer you to my previous comment, as it is now even more appropriate.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    it would seem Andy46 has added the smilies that us slow people need to help differentiate the jokes from the utter sh!te some users type on forums!
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • MattC59
    kfinlay wrote:
    it would seem Andy46 has added the smilies that us slow people need to help differentiate the jokes from the utter sh!te some users type on forums!

Well, as it clearly needed pointing out to you................ it's a f*cking joke or sarcasm, you know, japes, a bit of fun. Does it need explaining ? :roll: :lol:
    kfinlay wrote:
    .....and I'm not about to enter a discussion on the matter.....

I believe that you're a bit late for that.

are you TheBigBee ?

If you're going to make assumptions, at least back them up with something. But you're right, I know the difference between a wax and a polish, but not a great deal more, but unitl now I didn't realise I needed to........ Oh my god, it's now so clear, there's a huge void in my life. Something's missing. I now realise that I'm never going to be truely fulfilled unless I know the intricate detail of carnuba waxes, how to apply them and how to spend endless hours polishing my bike. Oh, how my life has been wasted, those endless hours that I could have spent polishing (sorry, waxing) my bike instead of riding it. What a fool I have been. I feel so stupid. :(

(The above is a joke by the way)
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Thanks for that Matt, appreciate it. :)

Like I've said, I gave info to the OP based on my knowledge and experience, sorry if that offends you somehow but at least one other person seems to have appreciated the info. I do manage to ride my bikes but never in the rain and I make sure I ride around puddles or get off and walk in case my bike gets wet or dirty!

Now, away and finish your homework, remember not to be in bed too late as you've got school tomorrow :P

See I am incredibly slow at times but do have a sense of humour too, let's just leave at that eh! :wink:
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • MattC59
    touché :wink:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    keef66 wrote:
    I just find it such a faff on a built up bike. If ever I strip the thing down to just frame and forks I might remember to give it a couple of coats of Autoglym, but with cables, brake calipers, bottle cages and chainset in the way I just can't be bothered.
    My "good bike" is steel and doesn't get used in the winter.
    What it does do is get stripped down for a full overhaul and clean.
    Nice time for a polish. Or should I say wax? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • richard36
    richard36 Posts: 346
    Thanks again for your comments. KFinlay I think you take the same care of your bike as I intend to take with mine. Personally I don't see why someone wouldn't take the small time it takes to clean and wax a bike given the amount of money they've spent on it but then I accept not everyone is as nerdy as I am about riding a gleaming bike!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386

Good ad for Morgan blue.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.