Riding around Longleat - Routes?

Hi,

i remember a few months ago reading about problems with cycling around Longleat and rights of way, i'm guessing considering how much was written about it that it means it is a decent place to go for a ride

I'm off to Center Parcs next weekend and was wondering if anyone has any good routes around there, 40-50 miles or so just so i can nip off for a few hours and not be missed.

Also, what's the terrain like around there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Rolling roads, nothing steep.

Long rolling roads around Salisbury plain (Tilshead & West Lavington, Bratton) quite good without too much navigating to do, but I wouldn't recommend the A36 or A350 , except to avoid Warminster town centre.
  • Hi it's just cycling within the grounds that is problematic. There are plenty of nice lanes that are relatively quiet and pretty well signposted.
    It's a bit lumpy in parts but depends how much you like hills really. It may be pushing it a bit but you could do a nice route over to cheddar gorge if the weather's decent it's definitely worth it. If you have a garmin it'll make it much easier. This is quite a nice easy route http://connect.garmin.com/activity/114589022