Collected new bike - advice on trails around Stourbridge

garynevstasche
garynevstasche Posts: 99
edited June 2012 in MTB beginners
Collected my new bike today, a Voodoo Hoodoo, can't wait to get going on it.

Looking to get back into off-road riding, used to do quite a bit when I was younger, but now is 16 years on! Been road riding for a couple of months, so my fitness is coming back, but really keen to get off-road again. Did the Mach 2 trail when I was on holiday in Wales last week and its given me a real appetite for it.

Only problem is, I only moved to Stourbridge a few months ago so don't really know the area that well. Was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for trails in the local area, prefer to ride to trails rather than drive with the bike, but not against driving if I need to.

Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Cannock chase just up the road, Shropshire hills nearby too.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • danlightbulb
    danlightbulb Posts: 701
    Dont know of any trails you can really ride to. There are some very nice routes heading out towards kinver on the canals though, worth the ride anyway and very nice once. I'm near dudley, and my local trail is cannock but i'm hopefully heading out to the long mynd this week weather permitting.
  • graememacd
    graememacd Posts: 386
    Locally you have clent which can be reached on bridal paths via hagley area then kinver can be got to via canal tow paths from Stourbridge. Stourbridge cycling club have 3 groups that do different routes on Saturday mornings from the bonded warehouse just off the ring road, they're a friendly bunch and you'll get to know the local area pretty quickly with them. Check out their website.
  • Emphursis
    Emphursis Posts: 124
    I'm just outside Stourport, started riding the other weekend with another Voodoo (Bantu). So far, I've just been in the local woods, but I plan on heading to the Wyre Forest soon - from what I've heard there are some decent tracks in there.
  • Stantz
    Stantz Posts: 13
    Hi Guys,
    Ride Wyre Forest most weekends,happy to show you around some of the trails.