Chain slipping after new kmc and kcnc jockey wheels

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
As above,
Changed my chain to the kmc also chained te jockey wheels kcnc
Now when pressure is applied it starts to slip tried to index the gears still no joy.

Looking a te cassette and crank rings the all look fine ?

The rear mech is xo type if that helps

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Worn cassette if it is slipping on there. New rings if slipping on them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    new chain + old cassette or chainrings (almost always)= problems.
  • Anonymous
    Never slipped on the old chain or jockey wheels ?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    When you put a NEW chain, with an OLD cassette and/or chainrings, you will more than likely have problems.
    Not sure how I can state it any clearer.
  • Anonymous
    Cheers buddy will change the cassette
  • YeehaaMcgee
    The problem is, you see, as the chain wears, it stretches. This then deforms the cassette and chainring teeth - which is fine (up to a point) whilst they all wear together.
    But, stick a new component, and they suddenly don't mesh together properly any more.
  • Anonymous
    The lesson I learnt. New cassette fixed it. This despite the chain checker saying only needed to change the chain (though Park Tools have revised their checker now to indicate an earlier chain change).
  • Anonymous
    Cheers for the info guys.
    Never had the same bike long enough to change the chain and cassette get bored after a while once project complete I move on to another.
  • When you put a NEW chain, with an OLD cassette and/or chainrings, you will more than likely have problems.

I found this out the hard way as well a while back. Learn from it and don't let it happen again.