Tour de France 2013

paulcuthbert
paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
edited June 2012 in Pro race
It'll be the 100th tour. They did something special to mark the anniversaries of the first crossing of the Alps and Pyrenees in recent years - surely 2013 is going to be something special!

I'm praying for l'Alpe d'Huez and Mont Ventoux in the same tour. Not sure if it's ever happened, but it'd be epic. They'd have to include the other greats too (Galibier, Tourmalet) as well as other parts of France steeped in cycling history (the cobbles, etc)

Never mind 2012, I'm looking forward to next year! :D

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I'm praying for l'Alpe d'Huez and Mont Ventoux in the same tour. Not sure if it's ever happened, but it'd be epic. They'd have to include the other greats too (Galibier, Tourmalet) as well as other parts of France steeped in cycling history (the cobbles, etc)

AdH and Ventoux were in the 87 Tour (off the top of my head)

Maybe they'll try make it like first Tour and have no mountains? Oh wait, that's this year.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • bwfcmullet
    bwfcmullet Posts: 45
    Have to concur I am already thinking about my plans for next year.

I'm probably going to buy a campervan and head over for the Alpine and Pyrenees stages. Then take in Paris for the Champs Elysee.

Really should be epic, Corsican Grand Depart should be beautiful, hope the team time trail round Nice wont impact GC too much like it has in previous years.

Will be interesting to see which way round they go. Given they are already down in the south it means the Alps or the Pyrenees will have to be in quite early, unless they go straight up the middle and then back down again, even doing that will be medium mountain stages, else a lot of bus travelling to skip straight through!!
  • liquor box
    liquor box Posts: 184
    It'll be the 100th tour. They did something special to mark the anniversaries of the first crossing of the Alps and Pyrenees in recent years - surely 2013 is going to be something special!

Never mind 2012, I'm looking forward to next year! :D
    I think a finish at the top of both would be great, and then the following day after each have an ITT up d'Huez and a TTT up Ventoux.

I would like to see 2 stages in Paris, I want to see a proper race in Paris, not just a procession on the last day with a sprint with whoever is left.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Iain you base fool, there were no mountains in the Tour for the first 7 years of the Tour, apart from one crossing of the Ballon D'Alsace in 1905.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    liquor box wrote:
    I would like to see 2 stages in Paris, I want to see a proper race in Paris, not just a procession on the last day with a sprint with whoever is left.

I quite like this idea. It would be cool for them to create a really cool circuit all over the town taking in more of the beautiful buildings/monuments etc.
    Contador is the Greatest