sus seatpost?

mr joey
mr joey Posts: 427
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
can anyone justify buying a suspension seatpost lads have got them on their bikes and say their the dogs! but £250 £300??

Comments

• steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    I think your confusing them with dropper seat posts kidda!

A dropper seat post allows you to get the seat out of the way when it gets gnarrr and put it back when going uphill and on roads. Yes worth every bloody penny imo

I just havent got the cash for one yet!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • mr joey
    mr joey Posts: 427
    sorry thats what i mean,just that when i get off the bike put the seat down look up and everyones gone!!! :D just the price tag
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Shop around!
    I got a 2012 reverb complete with bleed kit etc for £205. You can get a giant one for £170 ish. Ive even seen some german unknown brand ones for £80
  • steelie600
    leaflite wrote:
    Ive even seen some german unknown brand ones for £80

Links please!! :shock:
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720
    leaflite wrote:
    Shop around!
    I got a 2012 reverb complete with bleed kit etc for £205. You can get a giant one for £170 ish. Ive even seen some german unknown brand ones for £80

And are they any good? £80 I could justify to spend but not £200, not right now, thanks

JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400228107736

Seems to be quite a few on stw with one-apparently it is pretty similar to a gravity dropper, but at half the price.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    They are ace, but they are in no way worth the asking price. The prices on them are just stupid.
  • jeannot18
    They are ace, but they are in no way worth the asking price. The prices on them are just stupid.
    Hi Yee, are you talking about the £80 ones? or the more expensive models? I would have thought that £80 was ok-ish.

J
    Pédale ou crève
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    The expensive models, sorry. The Joplins, Gravity droppers, Reverbs etc etc. Love mine, but the price is daylight robbery.
  • jeannot18
    The expensive models, sorry. The Joplins, Gravity droppers, Reverbs etc etc. Love mine, but the price is daylight robbery.

Cool, I may order one of the cheap one once MTB Fund Inc. funds get replenished. I feel always akward before descent when my seat is high and it catches my shorts. This should help me to become a better rider hopefully, and it looks like everybody that has invested in a drop seatpost say that it is the best accessory they got for their bike.
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • monkey_man_1
    monkey_man_1 Posts: 108
    most expensive ive seen is the reverb but even that you can get the 2012 new delivered for ~£175

i think im gonna go for the ks deropzone with remote, few people i know have them and love them, they are about £125 delivered
  • steelie600
    leaflite wrote:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400228107736

Seems to be quite a few on stw with one-apparently it is pretty similar to a gravity dropper, but at half the price.

Muchos grassy ars3
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    I'd never go back that's for sure. Reverb is superb