Discomfort and bike use

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi,

I have a Specialized Tricross cyclocross as my winter/wet weather bike and a VN Euros as my "best bike". Because the weather's been dodgy this year I've been using both bikes as the weather dictates, often alternating and riding both in a week. Obviously my position is different on each bike as the geometry is different.

However, I've been getting a little discomfort in my left hip and knee recently - not pain but little twinges. I've not been riding faster or further than usual, so I was wondering whether my swapping between bikes may be causing it. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Cheers,
Steve
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Have you tried pedaling harder?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Herbsman wrote:
    Have you tried pedaling harder?

Yes, it hurts even more...... :)
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'm certainly more uncomfortable on a bike I haven't ridden in a while, especially if I've been spending a lot of time on another.

Couldn't tell you about the knee but if you're precise enough about where exactly the pain is a good google search should point you in the right direction.
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    Your position should be the same whatever the bike or the geometry of the frame.

The key triangle - saddle height from pedals, saddle setback from bracket and length of saddle to bars (and height of bars versus height of saddle) should be constant.