Masters and LVRC - Whose Entered and..

colinsmith123
colinsmith123 Posts: 579
edited June 2012 in Track
what new kit have you bought, or would like to buy if only you thought you could get away with it?

I've entered both the Masters and LVRC and I'm riding the TT and match sprint.

Kit wise; I'm hovering over buying Deda pista stem and Chrononero bull bars for the TT, but a bit worried about the lack of track time practice at the moment, though in my one and only time on similar bars I was marginally near my PB and tired after previous efforts, decisions, decisions..

Bars and stem I think I can get away with, these I think she might notice:

http://www.ffwdwheels.com/products/wheels/track/disc-t-five-t/

HOW MUCH??? :lol:
Live to ski
Ski to live

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    You'd be better off with a high quality adjustable stem if you are thinking of using TT bars or bullhorns. You'll need time to develop and adjust your position. I use a Deda ADJ on my race TT bars.

I presume this is your 1st MNTC? What you have to think about is how much you are prepared to use this meeting to experiment with kit if you haven't got enough track time before. Using bullhorns on their own isn't so much of an issue but if you are also thinking of using extensions, then it does take time to perfect the transition in a race where 1000's of seconds count.

Likewise the wheels - what are they going to gain you for your 1st major meeting? I raced my 1st MNTC on clinchers because both of my tubs (the only ones I had at the time) punctured in warm-up - that was at Welwyn.

BTW, it's not match sprinting at MNTC as the competition doesn't get down to a best of 3 scenario.

I'll be sitting out this year's MNTC because it's taken a bit longer then anticipated to get back on my training plan after breaking my leg. A shame but I just don't have enough time to prepare for the end of this month. It looks like I'll be back for the World Masters though.

I was hoping to have a Look 496 ZED for this season but... priorities change and there's still plenty of life and lots more speed in me and my DF3! 8)
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • The sprint is not a match sprint format? A bit confused. What exactly have I entered?
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • The match sprint format is 200m TT followed by sprint series of 2 or 3 up sprints sounds like match sprinting to me. :lol: Exact formula is dependant on the number of riders who sign on and ride the 200 TT.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    You've entered the sprint competition.

Match sprinting is a race involving 2 riders so strictly speaking any sprint with 2 riders can be regarded as a match sprint - 3-up and 4-up sprints are not match sprints.

However, match sprinting (proper) is the 2 up, best of 3 format that you get during quarters, semis and finals of a major competition. The MNTC race formula never has best of 3 because there is not enough time to get that many races in one day across all of the age categories.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.