Just watched Overcoming

timoid.
timoid. Posts: 3,133
edited June 2012 in Pro race
Really enjoyed it, but have to say that if you didn't know the story already, the riders on the team and remember the 2004 Tour it might be a tad confusing.

Other things I noted:
    - Riis comes across as neurotic, self absorbed and far from the tactical mastermind he's supposed to be. - Sastre is an absolute diamond - Jens has gone up even further in my estimation. Even the missus thinks that German chap with ADHD is such a nice fellow. In fact the short on Jens was better than the main film.
It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.

Comments

• secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,037
    Ah, I have it on DVD, but haven't watched for many years.

The bit where Riis nearly runs Jullich over is funny, he totally blames Jullich!

The phone call where Basso speaks with LA about his mother is both sad and a little creepy.

Thanks, I think it's about time to give it an airing.

PS Totally agree re Sastre and Jens.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Still can't believe anyone if fooled by Jens
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:

Fooled how? He's an entertaining bloke. There's no more to it than that is there?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    iainf72 wrote:

In what way? Comes across really well. Very entertaining and a great team-mate.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    iainf72 wrote:

You mean he's actually a space alien?
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I agree... everytime I watch this (and also the Cervelo 'Beyond the Peloton' films), I get a really bad impression of Riis. I love watching Jens though...
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    Basso swims like a dog.

Jens is a stud.