chuffed

allen
allen Posts: 214
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Great ride today 62.5 miles 5500 ascent average 13.5mph. This is my longest ride to date and only came about because I thought I would just add a bit to one of my regular rides. During the ride I knocked my computor so only had a vague idea of distance until i logged it on bikehike. For those of you who know the area rode from near Brighouse to by the former 5 flags hotel, Oxenhope to Pecket Well, Heights road to Mytholmroyd, Cragg Vale and into Ripponden, over to Denshaw and back over through Krumlin, Barkisland, West Vale and home.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    excellent - its the best way to increase mileage imo - just add bits on and according to what you feel you can achieve.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    Sounds a great route that, went through Ripponden / Saddleworth myself this morning - lovely place to go for a ride.
  • allen
    allen Posts: 214
    Griffsters wrote:
    Sounds a great route that, went through Ripponden / Saddleworth myself this morning - lovely place to go for a ride.

Where did you get to ?
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    Not quite the distance you embarkedd on but from Newhey over to Denshaw then up the moors and over the M62 to Ripponden. Up and round some of the lanes (Blue Ball?) before dropping down and across to Ripponden road and back across to Denshaw and home!

Lovely ride!