Gore baggies sizing

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
Having just split the material roughly where the old man hangs on the cargo shorts I like to ride in (not good when you're 15miles from home and commando) I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Gore baggies. On sale on Wiggle;

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-wear- ... gy-shorts/

I'm a portly 36" ish waist and went for large, but now concerned that XL might be safer, anyone wear Gore shorts and can advise whilst there's time to edit the order?
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Not tried Gore baggies but at a 32" waist my Gore lycra shorts are a touch too tight. I probably should have gone for a large. I suspect you should have gone XL.
    Not as bad as my Endura strides which I got in large to get the length and they are way too tight. How the hell can large be a 34" inside leg with a 28" waist?
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    I'm a 34 waist and the large are a perfect fit so I think you'll be swapping yours for the xl.
  • SimonAH
    Thanks guys, I'll amend the order.

• SimonAH
    Bum, they've already shipped. Ordered a pair of XL as well and will return one pair.

Do you.get to keep the Haribo? :-D

• I just ordered a pair of medium Gore Fusion shorts in (32" waist) and had to send them back for a large. The liner especially felt a bit too tight.