beone karma un-ltd dream spec hardtail

30001581goodm
30001581goodm Posts: 7
edited June 2019 in Your mountain bikes
take a beone karma ltd and throw a load of cash at it and you can build one of these.

i call the karma un-ltd.

its 8.5kg

2008 uni-carbon beone karma ltd frame

full xtr drivetrain (xtr shadow plus is on its way when finally in stock)

mavic crossmax slr wheelset

fox talas 32 kashima terralogic

nuke proof neutron mg-ti pedals

the rest is ritchey superlogic

what do you think?

IMG_0762.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg
IMG_0763.jpg
IMG_0764.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    I'd ditch the stickers unless you're 10 years old.
    I'd get rid of all the overpriced, underpowered hope bits for some stuff that works better (may as well go XTR while you're at it).

Also, I thought that the Karma was a 100mm frame? If BeOne haven't said otherwise, I'd be very careful using 6" forks on a lightweight carbon XC race frame like the karma. Even if it dosent wreck the handling, you run the risk of stressing the frame past breaking point.
  • 1) the karma is a 100mm bike, the forks I usually run at 100mm since they are travel adjustable, I sometimes like the option to change the ride angle. It rides superbly in either setting and should I decide to go fs I have kept my options open.

2)it's a xc bike, not an AM bike so I'm not going to be thrashing the frame and over stressing it, besides, if I ran a rigid fork surely that would be worse yet some people decide to.

3) as for the hopes, they can lock either wheel up with my pinkie and yet have bags of modulation like no other brakes I have tried, plus hopes customer service is far better than shimanos. Oh and they look cooler than any other brake.

4) as for the 2 stickers i have added, they have filled a gap that looked empty, the goodridge sticker comes with the hoses and the hope sticker is because I have supported them since the first pair of c2 brakes I had, they are british and the best. The m4 brakes are only a few hundred grams heavier than xtr, are more powerful and I can shed the extra weight by going for a poo before my next ride.
  • 8.5kg!!! Thats impressive! I take it the frame is mega light in the region of 1100g?
  • frame is 1040g! when i bought it i thought someone had posted an empty box to me
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    2)it's a xc bike, not an AM bike so I'm not going to be thrashing the frame and over stressing it, besides, if I ran a rigid fork surely that would be worse yet some people decide to.

Not really, as long as the axle-crown length wasn't longer than it was supposed to be.

Nice spec, impressive weight, but do think the stickers look a bit naff
  • the original stickers do look a bit naff but for £300 quid for the frame, i consider it disposable and easily replaced should i wreck it. i dont think it will be possible to remove them without damaging the carbon fibre or lacquer.
    i doubt that you would have time to read them anyway, it never stays still long enough, it goes like a rocket!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Lol, I don't see how you can think a rigid fork designed to fit a 100mm frame (and specced as standard by the manufacturer) could be worse for the frame than a 140mm fork thats stressing the head tube by slacking out the head angle and trying to peel it off the bike from the bottom. But look, it's your bike dude, fill yer boots.

As for Hope being British and the best. Well, you're half right there at least. But hey, if you're happy with the weight penalty, and they work well enough for you, that's all that really matters.

It is an unbelievable weight though, especially considering the heavy brakes and fork (only speaking relative to XC components).

Don't mean to come over as being entirely negative. I love the BeOne race frames. It's really just those 2 things I'd change.
  • like i said, i run the forks at 100mm which is as the bike was meant to be run. i didnt want to have to buy some longer travel forks especially at that price if i decided to change the frame at a later date.

the weight 'penalty' of the brakes is negligible. ive put on more weight before eating a bag of kettle chips
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    if your happy with it mate, you ride it!!

looks like a tidy light bike. is it going to be used as a race bike or just a general trail centre basher?
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • it is definitely light enough to race but im not fit enough to do it justice. i'll be sticking to local trails and exploring the norfolk countrysides with it, especially the pubs.
  • I have this frame now! Stickers are still going strong :D
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    Were you disappointed by its actual weight? :wink:
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er